SNACKING!

Options
Does anyone seem to have a problem with snacking on the littlest things throughout the day?! I find that to be one of my biggest problems & hope its not the reason that my weight loss has just plataeued. Any suggestions on how to overcome this?!

Replies

• jaf320
    jaf320 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Maybe try to set a couple of snack times for yourself during the day (pick times that you feel you're most vulnerable to the snacking urge) and eat something then and only then. I know that I can easily make it through the AM w/o a snack, but find that I'm wanting something around 3:30 or 4. I usually want something kind of sweet but also something that will stick with me a bit. After dinner I've been trying to eat fruit for a snack and then have some tea. The tea seems to fill me up a bit and give my brain a signal that the day is winding down/time to go to bed/close the kitchen, etc.

I think if you know that a snack is "coming" or available at a certain time, you'll be less likely to pick at things. Sit down and eat slowly (off a plate!) when you do snack and that should help even more.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I regularly have three snacks a day. My am snack is almost always fruit and nuts and often it is more calories than my breakfast. My afternoon snack varies, but is planned in advance, as I have to get it to the office. My evening snack involves either chocolate or cheese. On rare occasions, it might just be leftovers.

Today, the stuff I recorded as my pm snack turned out to be my biggest meal of the day. But it was mostly fruit and PB, so meh.
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    A great snack to keep with you for the munchies is baggie of craisins and soy nuts(unsalted). I got that from Denise Austin years ago and it is yummy, low cal, fairly healthy. Maybe because I am older, I am not getting the munchies this time around, but in the past I used to eat these for snacking instead of chips or whatever. Try popcorn too, it is low cal when you don't add all that butter on it. Don't salt it either because salt makes you bloated. There are a lot of 5 calorie or less seasonings you can sprinkle on it if you need some flavor.
  • elainespy
    Options
    To me, it's ok to snack as long your snacks are not bad one. Example, my snacks include nuts, yogurt, fruits. I like to eat a little at a time and try not to eat too muct at once. Try to spread out your snacking time and snacking amount may help too.

Also do remember to drink water, because sometimes all our body need is water and not snacks which we tend to misinterpret.