Is this a good daily meal plan?

Options
1. Breakfast - Fiber One , One bowl + An Apple or Orange
2. Lunch - Half a sandwich with meat and mustard + Carrots Or 2 boiled eggs 1 piece of toast and carrots
3. Snack - Carrots, apples, oranges or Cereal.
4. Dinner - Meat, Small amount of carbs, vege.

I like eating all through out the day so when I say snack I mean one time a day cereal for a snack but all through out the day carrots, apples or oranges.

Is this okay?

Replies

• kelleyannclemons
    kelleyannclemons Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Boring....but if it works for you, go for it.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    why would you only eat half a sandwich??
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options

This.

Also, I've never understood the need for a 'meal plan'. You need some variety or you will get bored. Mix it up a little. Introduce more food groups. Hell, have some chocolate if you want some. There's no need to eat the same thing every day.
  • Dawn4511
    Dawn4511 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Is there anyway to add more protein to your breakfast? Maybe some greek yogurt and with your snacks I would eat a protein with your fruit, like a cheese string. The protein will make it more satisfying.
  • mich1902
    mich1902 Posts: 182
    Options

I imagined the other slice of bread was made for the toast?(mind you I see now that is an 'or' option)
  • siqiniq
    siqiniq Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    2. Lunch - Half a sandwich with meat and mustard + Carrots Or 2 boiled eggs 1 piece of toast and carrots

I like eating all through out the day so when I say snack I mean one time a day cereal for a snack but all through out the day carrots, apples or oranges.

Is this okay?
    When you log your food into MFP, it will tell you whether or not you are getting enough of certain nutrients. It doesn't look like you're getting the benefits of calcium that is available in dairy foods. Lots of people don't eat dairy, but you need to get the nutrients. You also need some good fats every day. I doubt you can stick with this plan very long, as it doesn't seem to be very much food. Good luck.
  • youcantfoolme
    youcantfoolme Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Mix it up or you will get bored real quick eating the same stuff plus you won't get adequate nutrition. Wouldn't advise eating the bowl though. :drinker: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mich1902
    mich1902 Posts: 182
    Options
    I am one of those people who can eat the same things for ages before I get bored and have to mix it up so it wouldn't be a problem for me to eat the same things everyday. I won't stick with them though if i'm not enjoying it. I always try and get my protein intake correct no matter what.
  • bcriminger
    bcriminger Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I think whatever works for you and seems to be producing results for you is fine. Personally, I'm not going to be able to stick to eating the same things every day, I'd get bored after a few days. Keep in mind that God created a variety of foods for us and each of them have different nutritional values. I'm not sure we are meant to eat the same thing all of the time. However, I think the most important thing in choosing foods is that are balanced in nutrition and are giving you the vitamins you need. If your meal plan does that for you- go for it.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I think she's just trying to get a starting point from eating fast food and tyson. It's not a bad day, you'll feel much more full with more protein. having eggs, cottage cheese, even old fashioned rolled oats has a bit of protein in it. Try to make foods for yourself you can also give to your baby. I'm sure the lots of fruit was part of that, or she just loves fruit. Cream of wheat is another one, cheap, it's fortified with iron, you can make that for both of you. Just add some protein for yourself . A light version of tuna salad is for lunch or with hard boiled eggs, i like to put it inside like deviled eggs. Full of protein, and more filling than it sounds, at least for me.
    The greek yogurt might be too pricey being a new mom, but if you can swing it, great idea. You can also make your own yogurt using a cooler and christmas lights. greek yogurt is just a thicker version of reg. yogurt. and that a great way for both of you to get lots of nutrition, pretty cheap.
  • katy_trail
    Options
    if youre in the states, you might be able to find frozen squash in the frozen veggies section. in my store it comes in a bowl, used to come in a cardboard box like chopped spinach does. the squash is ready to be microwaved for you or the baby, full of vitamin A
    and it's delicious.
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    wheres your fats?
  • katy_trail
    Options
    wheres your fats?

yes i forgot about this.are you allergic to nuts? nuts, seeds, small amount of pb, sardines or other fatty fish like salmon,
    all good sources of healthy fats helping you to be full longer. but baby steps try to not worry about everything.
    most important is eating when you're hungry and your calories.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options

Is this okay?

Personally, that seems like a really small amount of food? Whats your calorie goal?
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    18 year old female, wants to lose 20 lbs before the summer, eating at a crazy deficit.... provides no stats (how much you weigh, how tall etc.)

I think you want a quick fix; not a good idea!
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options

Exactly lol You are not a bird stop eating like one. Starvation is not the goal to healthy living eating and exercise are. My diary is open if you want ideas
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    The thing is, we don't know your height.....but you did say only 20 pounds to lose. My thought is, try to share your height, also exactly what fitness are you doing?

At 18 years old, a half sandwich and 2 hard boiled eggs plus what you wrote for breakfast and dinner is PLENTY food! The two hard boiled eggs and a half sandwich would be enough calories for lunch UNLESS you are very active.

So yes, that is a good meal plan, but we need your height and to know your level of activity?

Good Luck.....enjoy being 18!!!
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    The thing is, we don't know your height.....but you did say only 20 pounds to lose. My thought is, try to share your height, also exactly what fitness are you doing?

At 18 years old, a half sandwich and 2 hard boiled eggs plus what you wrote for breakfast and dinner is PLENTY food! The two hard boiled eggs and a half sandwich would be enough calories for lunch UNLESS you are very active.

So yes, that is a good meal plan, but we need your height and to know your level of activity?

Good Luck.....enjoy being 18!!!

Half a sandwich OR two boiled eggs. Not AND. OR. Which is not enough food.

ALSO, to meanly add......I wouldnt take nutrition advice from a person that lists a banana and a clementine as 'lunch'. Two pieces of fruit are not lunch, they are a snack.
  • pinksparklefairy
    pinksparklefairy Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I would suggest some HIIT and strength training to get you toned for the summer and boost the calorie burn. Maybe set yourself a jogging goal e.g. you can run 10 miles in xx minutes by the end of July.

Then you can also eat a bit more food - maybe have a few high-calorie days with extra carbs (brown rice, pasta, baked potatoes) and fat (nuts, avocados, olive oil) and some lower calorie days - just make sure you average the target amount of calories at the end of the week.
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Meal plans are a sure fire way of creating some kind of dietary deficiency in future. Vary your foods and stop being silly.