Morning or Evening?

Options
Is it better to work out in the morning or evening?

I am a mommy of 2 and work a full time job, so the only time i have to work out is when the kids are in bed...
SO is it best to wake up early before work and get in my workout OR after they go to bed?

thanks!

Replies

• cindyjoesousa
    cindyjoesousa Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Either one..as long as you do it!
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Whichever is best for you. Personally I like to exercise first thing in the morning - it gets it out of the way and tends to motivate me for the rest of the day - but sometimes this isn't practical so I exercise when I can. Better to do something when you can but nothing at all.
  • xbleedingxglitterx
    Options
    I really don't think it matters either way. I prefer to exercise in the evening though when its nice and cool outside ;)
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I have two kids as well...I work out in the evening. Only time I have available.
  • hhayes06
    hhayes06 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I work out in the morning before work but on days off I do Zumba on the WiiU whenever I find the time. Like others have said, workout when you can and figure out what time works best for you.
  • ZoeWhitelock
    Options
    I tend to try & mix it up a little. I like to swim before work some mornings (2-3 times a week) but then sometimes prefer to hit the gym after work. It's really a case of when you feel most motivated as I know my husband isn't the biggest fan of the morning swims (he does it for me!) but I like it as then it's out of the way...
  • rumplesnat
    rumplesnat Posts: 372
    Options
    Always first thing in the morning for me, that way it is out of the way and not my looming over my head all day.
  • graciepecie
    graciepecie Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    There is no 'best' time. You should exercise every day at the same time though. I've learned it from Jillian Michaels. She gave the example that when people are training for something. At the day of the contest, they perform better if they do it on the same time that they are excercising on a daily basis.
    So it seems your body performs better when you're exercising at the same time, so that means you're burning more calories.
  • blackcloud13
    blackcloud13 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Usually (90% of the time) mornings for me (before everyone else gets up).
    But occasionally it has to be night (after everyone's asleep!)
  • MelsFitLife
    MelsFitLife Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I would say morning if you have kids. A lot of times we get tired in the evenings and will put it off. I am bad about that sometimes. Do it in the morning and get it over with, feel great, and have a positive attitude to start your day! :) Good luck!
  • CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I posted a post like this before ;) I only worked out after bedtime since that was the only time I found time to do it. Yep it sucked sometimes since I was pretty tired by the end of the night but it wasn't too bad to watch my shows and hop on the bike. But then again you know my kids go to bed at 7.
  • oxFaithxo
    oxFaithxo Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    thanks!!

yup, i just got to stick with it... yeah and i dont have the bike in my home either... but i do have the Kinect... i think i will start that :)
  • elainespy
    Options
    as long you are working out, it's doesn't really matter if it's morning or evening. in your case, i will suggest you to work out at a time that is most convenient for u.