When did you start to notice?

Options
I've only lost 5.5lb so far, yet I can *already* see and feel a difference after 3 weeks of healthier eating, portion control and working out.

Nothing major, but my clothes are already fitting a bit better, I feel happier and I have more energy.

How long did it take you to notice a change? :)

Replies

• Oblivion_100
    Options
    Hey! Good to hear about your success. Keep going!
  • WittyUserName1
    Options
    I'm into my 2nd week and am due to weigh myself tomorrow, I lost 2lbs after my first weigh in and think it might be more tomorrow for my 2nd weigh in. I can already tell my jeans are fitting better, which is making me want to work harder to reach my goal. Congrats on losing 5.5lbs already :)
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I noticed a difference in a couple of days because I wasn't feeling so bloated from stuffing my face with food I didn't need! At Easter when I went off plan for a couple of days, the bloated feeling came back and I hated it.

Actual 'in the mirror' changes started happening after about 7 or 8lb and about this time people at work started to comment I looked like I'd lost weight. I mostly feel it in my clothes though and at 21lb down I'm thinking I really need to start digging out my thinner person clothes before I embarrass myself lol
  • amandatiffany90
    Options
    I'm into my 2nd week and am due to weigh myself tomorrow, I lost 2lbs after my first weigh in and think it might be more tomorrow for my 2nd weigh in. I can already tell my jeans are fitting better, which is making me want to work harder to reach my goal. Congrats on losing 5.5lbs already :)

The little differences are totally what motivates me as well!

I have a few items of "goal clothing" hung up in my room as well, staring me in the face. The sad thing is, they're not even old clothes, they're brand new items of clothing I've bought over the years but thought I'd "lose into". Time for that to happen!
  • amandatiffany90
    Options
    I noticed a difference in a couple of days because I wasn't feeling so bloated from stuffing my face with food I didn't need! At Easter when I went off plan for a couple of days, the bloated feeling came back and I hated it.

Actual 'in the mirror' changes started happening after about 7 or 8lb and about this time people at work started to comment I looked like I'd lost weight. I mostly feel it in my clothes though and at 21lb down I'm thinking I really need to start digging out my thinner person clothes before I embarrass myself lol

Ahh, I cannot wait to lose a few more pounds and have a more "noticeable" difference. I have noticed that my embarrassing back fat "rolls" are starting to shrink, and I can't wait until they are GONE!

For some reason my tummy and thighs never bothered me that much, it wasn't until I got proper back fat that I was like "WOAH, I have gained some serious weight!"
  • amandatiffany90
    Options
    Hey! Good to hear about your success. Keep going!

Thanks! :)
  • tgdillon
    tgdillon Posts: 35
    Options
    You are doing really well, good for you!

It took me ages to notice a difference. I look in the mirror and still see the 210 lbs person looking back, I can see a difference in photos though. I'm hoping that through time my brain will eventually catch up with my body.

I'm with you on the looking in the mirror and what's looking back. It's amazing how the brain can mess with you. Anyway, I've lost 25 pounds so far and first noticed my clothes fitting better around 10 pound mark. Not many others have noticed or if they have, they haven't said anything. I tended to hide my weight well so I'm thinking maybe I'll give it another 10 before others might be willing to say something. Anyway, stay positive and enjoy the weight loss. However, don't get discouraged if the scale doesn't always move, your fitness should speak volumes as well.
  • DarkSable
    DarkSable Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've lost 6lbs since re-starting my weight loss, and this morning I definitely noticed my jeans fitting better around the hips and waist. I know from past experience that because I am quite tall (5'9") it takes a while for a big physical difference to show.
  • antfatman
    Options
    real good job i started working out in jan 2013 in the last few months of sensible eating along with cardio and weight trainning

heres my starting point and my current weight ect

starting i was 15.6 stone lbs my height is 5.10 ft age 30 waist 44

iam now 13.8 stone lbs waist now 35

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK GUYS
  • treenuh_x
    treenuh_x Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I started to notice a few days ago, when I put on a pair of jeans that were previously too tight and they were significantly looser - to the point that I can comfortably wear them, now.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping that through time my brain will eventually catch up with my body.

^^This
    I first noticed a difference around -40#, but my brain still hasn't caught up with my weight loss.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!