HELP!!

Options
Today begins my 6th week of my diet and exercise program. I have lost only 11.5 lbs. I am always under my calorie goal, and I exercise for at least 1.5 - 2 hours a day, usually 6 days a week, sometimes 7. That includes walking at least 5-6 miles on the treadmill and 15-20 minutes of some general aerobic exercises. I haven't lost anything in the past week, in fact I gained .6 lbs.! This is very discouraging. I don't understand why I am not loosing. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Replies

• angiehall509
    Options
    It may be that you are building muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat. Don't get discouraged, you will get there. Keep it up!!
  • sarahf3092
    sarahf3092 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Firstly can I say 11.5 lbs in 6 weeks is great thats almost a 2lb loss a week! You must be doing something right. I'm currently trying out 5:2 diet to kick start loss again as put back on the weight i had lost! Could try that....but dont be discouraged by what you have already accomplished!
  • danamariers
    danamariers Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    If your weight isn't going down, check your measurements with a tape measure- as previously mentioned above you are probably gaining lean muscle.

Muscle weighs more than fat so pounds alone do not determine your health by any means.

Keep it up- 11.5 lbs is a great loss :)
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    For a lower amount of weight to lose, it's typical that the loss will be slower. Congrats, over 11lbs gone so far!!

You don't really want to lose it so fast, although I know, you just want it gone. Take the time, treat your body right, and it will thank you by dropping weight in a healthy way, and you'll be able to maintain!

Keep at it, you'll get there!
  • jensterk
    jensterk Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You might want to try upping your intensity. Instead of walking long distances, try building up to running. It burns way more calories!
  • dixiefam
    dixiefam Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks all! Will try to change my routine up some. Going faster on the treadmill, some extra minutes of aerobics...My goal is 30-35 lbs. more. I can tell more so in my clothes, than the scales. But we all want to see the numbers going down. Gonna keep trying! Hopefully this plateau will break, and I can start loosing again. Thanks again!