Soo Lost At this point!!!!

Options
Ok So my healthy Lifestyle started Feb 1st 2011, I Decided i was going to stop complaining about my self and Make Myself happy and get heathy and finally lose the weight. I think i started on 1500 Calories and working out a few nights a week, Just Cardio because i wasnt sure about the weights, I lost about 50lbs and then I got Pregnant with my second child. I Only Gained about 25lb during that pregnancy and lost it back right after i had her. Once i could work out again i went back at it. Losing another 10-15lbs. Around the holiday i fell off i never had time to get to the gym or really plan my meals. So i didnt lose anymore. I started to Gain A little back and decided it was time to get focused. I started back at the gym with a friend (a Guy) who was teaching me weights because i needed to Tone. I did a little Cardio at first and then just started doing an Hour of weights. I wasnt losing any weight and only a few inches. However my question is WTH am i doing wrong?? It seems to drop 50lbs was so Damn Easy (Kinda) and Now its like im lost i dont know what to do.. I Eat right, i drink water(not as much as i should bc im not a thirsty person) and i go to the gym... I need HELP!!! Suggestions anything will help me get this last 50lbs off...

Replies

• nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    HOw long have you been "back at it"? "A few inches" is awesome!! Much better than "a few pounds", so I'd say you're doing great. You should still try to up your water. You're probably "not a thirsty person" because your body has gotten so used to be consistently slightly dehydrated that it's stopped sending you thirst signals.
  • AmandaLenn86
    AmandaLenn86 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Ive Been Back at it for maybe 5 weeks. and ive gained 6lbs idk whats going on :(
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    First: It is natural to retain water when stating a new lifting routine as your muscles repair themselves (this is a good thing). this will fall off eventually.

Second: the less you have to lose, the slower it will come off. You are doing it right so just be patient and keep at it.
  • cindylou54166
    Options
    Please remember that muscle weighs more than fat. SO, if you're weight training now, you're gaining muscle and weight (GOOD) weight! Keep at it!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    First: It is natural to retain water when stating a new lifting routine as your muscles repair themselves (this is a good thing). this will fall off eventually.

Second: the less you have to lose, the slower it will come off. You are doing it right so just be patient and keep at it.

this

keep at it!
  • jzammetti
    Options
    Please remember that muscle weighs more than fat.

Really ??? lol
  • LeahT84
    LeahT84 Posts: 202 Member
    Options

Really ??? lol

Not sure if you're being sarcastic in questioning this or not, but even though a pound weighs a pound... A pound of muscle is smaller in mass than a pound of fat, so even if you're gaining a pound of muscle, it takes up less space in your body and takes more muscle to fill the same space as fat... if that makes sense.
  • LeahT84
    LeahT84 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    My advice is not to do strictly weight training... still get your cardio in at least 3 times a week so you're still working on losing the fat while toning the muscles.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    According to your diary, your calorie goal is only 1380? That is probably not enough. Read this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/937709-in-place-of-a-road-map-ver-3-0
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    Are you tracking your food? That is the main thing in losing weight, food...
    You are not gaining 6 lb of muscle. Muscle is more dense, but you haven't been working out enough to be gaining that much muscle.
  • jzammetti
    Options

Really ??? lol

Not sure if you're being sarcastic in questioning this or not, but even though a pound weighs a pound... A pound of muscle is smaller in mass than a pound of fat, so even if you're gaining a pound of muscle, it takes up less space in your body and takes more muscle to fill the same space as fat... if that makes sense.

i was being sarcastic. Sorry