Jillian Michaels Body Revolution

Hi Everyone,

I am currently going into the last week of phase one of Body Revolution and I was wondering if there was anyone out there who was also doing it or has completed it and how they are getting/got on?

I got on ok with weeks one and two but she fairly steps it up in weeks two and three! I have lost around 8 lbs in 3 weeks but I feel stronger and more toned as well.

I must admit I am not 100% following the diet plan, but I have made a lot of changes, like increasing protein and pretty much cutting out processed foods.

What does anybody else who is doing it think?

I look forward to hearing from you :)

Replies

• a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    I've recently finished BR and really enjoyed the program. My results weren't as amazing as others doing the program (as i'm in maintenance and only concentrating on BF% and toning) but i have seen great progress within my BR support group:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/10436-jillian-michaels-body-revolution-2013

Feel free to join!!
  • Jen_niferH86
    Jen_niferH86 Posts: 19 Member
    Thank you! I have just joined! :smile:
  • Orfygirl
    Orfygirl Posts: 274 Member
    I have done this particular program about 3 times in the past year that I have had it, skipping weeks 1-4 the second time because I am at a more advanced pace. Honestly, I really didn't lose any weight with it, just inches. I couldn't use the diet plan that came with it due to the fact that I can't eat a lot of the foods that she suggests, but I do eat mostly fruits and veggies. One thing I noticed was that the last set of DVDs in the program weeks 9-12 aren't as tough as weeks 5-8 so you might want to add something to your routine to get that extra burn in.
  • Jen_niferH86
    Thank you! this is good to know! I am only one week away from Phase two and I am a bit worried about it! :smile:
  • My wife and I are in the last 2 weeks of the BR program, we have seen good results, she has lost 20 pounds and I have lost 40 pounds so far. We do feel stonger also, we do not follow the meal plan 100% of the time, but do watch the amount of calories we take in and what types of food. keep it up and you can't help but see progress.
  • Jen_niferH86
    Thanks Roger, well done on your results!
  • I start week 4 today. I agree that jumping into week 3 was super painful lol. I actually did the 30 Day Shred right before starting this program and (foolishly) thought weeks 1 & 2 were "so easy." Ha! I did follow the kickstart week to a tee and have been mostly using her recipes but like you, modifying a bit. I am definitely keeping in line with her calories per meal guidelines.

Up to starting the program, I had been steadily losing about a pound a week, but I have actually seen my weight loss jump to losing 2 pounds a week. Regardless of what the scale says, the proof for me with Jillian's workouts is in the measurements. I don't know my numbers off the top of my head (they are in my blog on my profile if you are interested) but between the 30 Day Shred and the first 3 weeks of Body Rev, I have lost massive (for me lol) inches off of literally every spot on my body. I know that I am definitely shaping my body with this. I highly recommend, if you haven't already done so, to take those measurements to really see what amazing results are happening. :)
  • princess_goal
    princess_goal Posts: 43 Member
    Hello, I am at week 5-6 now,
    Lost 8Lbs so far and lost 2-3 inches all over my body.
    I feel awesome. I do not follow her diet plan AT ALL. I try to eat healthy. (apart from couple of cheat days here and there)
    I have an open diary.
    The jump from the frist set of dvds to the second set was...ehhh insane with the push up planks I wanna die!!!!!
    I do not do her cardio dvds because I find them boring, I run on treadmill or do elliptical instead..
    Feel free to add me if you want to discuss :)
  • Jen_niferH86
    Thanks everyone! It is good to hear from people that are further on in the program and getting some tips!

I am half way through week four now so only 3 more workouts left until phase two which I am nervous about!

I did take my measurements at the start, when I finish week four I must compare them! :smile:
  • Brandie0502
    Brandie0502 Posts: 20 Member
    I finished the program about 3 weeks ago & since then found that I missed it (!) and restarted it again yesterday from the beginning. The 1st round I lost 6 pounds in the 1st phase and the hit a plateau on the scale. I did lose about 13-15 inches though. This time I'm using heavier weights & even though I've done the program before, I am still sore after the workouts.

Good luck with the program :)
  • schmeckpeper
    schmeckpeper Posts: 23 Member
    Just finished the 30Day Shred last week and completed Phase 1 Workout 1 of Body Revolution yesterday. The shred definitely helped me get through it quite easily. I almost died on Level 1 of the Shred. Good to know Phase 2 is harder. Comment about Phase 3 not being harder is kinda confusing. Everybody is different....will just have to try myself ;-)

I've got my diet down already so I'm not following her plan really....but some recipies look really good. I also don't think I can cut back to only 4 meals..... I'm used to doing 6. Keeping cals around 1500 - 1700 average (some days less some days more).

Feel free to add me!! :smile:
  • Jen_niferH86
    Thanks for your comments everyone! I finished phase one today and so I will weigh in tomorrow and see what my total weight loss for phase one is!

I am nervous about start phase two on Monday! But looking forward to the results :smile: