Stuck in a rut!!

Options
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post since being on here.

I have been dieting/ exersizing now for the last 2 months. I have fallen in love with my new fitness hobby and so far I have lost 10lbs.

I have 7lbs to go and am consuming 1200 calories a day and working out 3-5 times a week; mostly cardio.

I have been at 9stone7lbs now for a few weeks and struggling to get the last 7lbs off. I am burning between 300-600 calories per workout and I understand "muscle weighs more than fat" but surely I shoudl be getting this weight off :(

Does anyone have any tips/ suggestions that I could do at the gym??

xx

Replies

• allshebe
    allshebe Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    1. It's possible you're body is going into "starvation mode" - you may need to consume more calories - try increasing by 100 or so per day for a week or two and see if there's a difference (might ultimately need to increase by more than 100).
    2. Make sure your food measurements are accurate - there IS a difference between a half cup of rice and a full cup
    3. Compare your body measurements from week to week - Muscle IS more dense than fat. If you're gaining muscle, some of your measurements will be getting smaller, even while your weight stays the same.
  • cindybpitts
    cindybpitts Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Im pretty sure you need to eat more. It worked for me. I was scared to eat more at first but when you have tons of people telling you then I knew they must know. You have probably lost muscle mass with part of your weight loss. TDEE - 20% works well for weight loss.
  • @allshebe

Thank you :) I think I probably should try and increase my calorie intake like u have suggested and I always measure things out so I have accurate readings on what I am eating.

I have noticed my body shape changing and my ultimate goal is to shed my "jelly belly" so lots more cardio and I am also going to start doing classes too.
  • 86_Ohms
    86_Ohms Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    1. It's possible you're body is going into "starvation mode" - you may need to consume more calories - try increasing by 100 or so per day for a week or two and see if there's a difference (might ultimately need to increase by more than 100).

This is probably it. You don't have your diary set to public so who knows. You can feel free to add as friend if you wish

If you're eating around 1200 calories, but burning 300-600 calories to make it 900-600 calories net a day, then yes, your body is going to resist you every step of the way. And, you might get sick or have immune suppression while your body is trying to keep up. You might of even hindered yourself as your body recouperates while you go back to a normal calorie amount.

EAT and don't go UNDER 1200 calories. I've had good success getting that extra 5lbs off by limiting carbs, so your body will be in ketosis and burn fat for energy.
  • According to the TDEE is should be consuming around 1700 calories so think thats the first thing i need to do.

I try to keep me carbs to a minimum and eat quite a lot of protein.
  • I have changed my privacy settings now so you can have a butchers :)

This is probably it. You don't have your diary set to public so who knows. You can feel free to add as friend if you wish

If you're eating around 1200 calories, but burning 300-600 calories to make it 900-600 calories net a day, then yes, your body is going to resist you every step of the way. And, you might get sick or have immune suppression while your body is trying to keep up. You might of even hindered yourself as your body recouperates while you go back to a normal calorie amount.

EAT and don't go UNDER 1200 calories. I've had good success getting that extra 5lbs off by limiting carbs, so your body will be in ketosis and burn fat for energy.