"love handles" (hips!)

Funnydream
Funnydream Posts: 87 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Doe anyone you know which pilates / yoga (or any!) exercises are good for hips? (aka "Love Handles"). I'd like to get rid of mine if possible, or try to target them.

Cheers!

Replies

• Sandeee
    Sandeee Posts: 53 Member
    I had a tire tube and with cardio workouts, the fat seemed to melt away. It just takes some time, for me about 3 months before they were gone! Good luck.:tongue:
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    To be honest, 'spot reducing' really isn't effective. To dump the love handles, you simply need to lower your overall body fat percentage.
  • Cardio did it for me as well. Those love handles were a huge problem for me, but after about 3 months of consistent exercise and diet they have reduced drastically. good luck!
  • Funnydream
    I can't deny, mine have also really drastically reduced since losing a substantial amount of weight, and if only I could get shot of the pesky residue, my joy would be complete!

I did most of the hard work through walking, cycling and swimming, and what is now left would be GREAT to get rid of.

Just thought there might me one really excellent hip fat busting thing I could try?

Incidentally, I'm just a few pounds off my target weight. I have a feeling I'm going to have to put up with them.
  • griffswoman
    griffswoman Posts: 30 Member
    hula hoop to music
  • tinasullens
    tinasullens Posts: 203 Member
    Cardio + Strength Training! Eat as clean as possible, cutting out as much processed foods as you can, drink more water. Spot reducing to burn fat is a myth - it's not possible. It takes time and dedication! Since muscle burns fat, try adding in 2-3 days of strength training into your routine. Always eat at the minimum, 1200 calories per day. Eat 5-6 small meals every day to keep your metabolism going. You can do it!! Just be patient. The love handles didn't appear overnight and they won't be gone overnight.

The fat burns from all over our bodies as a whole. So until you get more lean muscle built up, you will have muscle under the fat. But in time, the fat will start to come off the areas you want them to. I'm still working to lose fat in my lower body as well.

Keep plugging away, burn more calories than you consume each week, and you'll get the results you want. Be patient!
  • karissastephens
    karissastephens Posts: 324 Member
    I agree, spot reducing is a myth HOWEVER you can help burn fat in certain spots by strength training then cardio after. For example, do a ten min. cardio warm up then take a 10-25lb dumbbell in one hand as you stand feet shoulder width apart. Bendto the side keeping your abs tight and that works your sides very well! Then after doing about 2 sets of ten on each side go and do cardio for 30-25 min!

That should really help, along with eating the right foods. Helped me! No love handles anymore :)
  • Funnydream
    Awwwh, thanks everyone. I'm on to it. Cheers! x
This discussion has been closed.