So, I bought I a pair of Nike's

Options
So, I bought a pair of Nike Trainers and they kill my feet. Usually when I workout my feet hurt before anything else. I need some advice on tennis shoes for walking AND working out. Any suggestions?

Replies

• iLoveMyAR15
    iLoveMyAR15 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    i have never liked Nike. I wear Adidas everything and never have any problems. www.adidas.com
  • Linds_Joy
    Linds_Joy Posts: 23
    Options
    Thanks! I had a pair of Adias and loved them but they were wore out
  • mili5726
    mili5726 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I love my Asics. I was wearing Nikes as well and they just did not work for me. I went to Sports Authority and the lady that worked there was very knowledgeable and said Asics are great for running and walking. I absolutely love them.
  • catolerico
    Options
    I'm a big fan of Sauconys. I've had similar issues with my feet hurting, especially during cardio. I'm on my third pair now and they've all been great, less pain and they've held up really well.
  • Linds_Joy
    Linds_Joy Posts: 23
    Options
    So, lets just say, I've learned my lesson about buying Nike tennis shoes! Don't do it lol
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I love being barefoot for the feeling and stability. I use Five Fingers or Nike Frees when I have to (the Nike's because they look "normal" and I just kick them off when doing squats or deads anyway) but otherwise I'm barefoot.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Some shoes just don't work for everyone. I personally wear Asics because they are the best for my feet. I also have good luck with some styles of Saucony sneakers. I can't wear Nike at all. Go to a running store and get fitted for the best shoes for *you*.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Tried a pair of Nike runners for 1 2.5 mile run. I returned them to the store the next day. My husband likes the cross trainers just for every day wear, but I honestly couldn't see buying them for actual working out...

For running, I'm a Saucony woman....
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I am a BROOKS girl all the way...... everyone's feet are different, what works for one person will not work for another. Go to a running store and be properly fitted for your foot, your gait and your arch..... it all matters !
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Nike makes a LOT of shoes. Some will work for you, and others will not. I've had great Nike shoes, and I have also had a pair that were quite wrong for me and led to injuries.
  • dnish53
    dnish53 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I like my Asics and Nikes both. I always try and buy my workout shoes late in the day so that I get a better fit. Also, since you already have the Nikes try a different pair of socks next time you wear them. I have learned that that can really make a difference (thickness and quality of sock).
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    If you can, get your feet professionally fit for your athletic shoes! There is really no way to say 'Oh yeah - that's a great shoe for all feet!'. Feet vary too much from person to person. :smile:

I have very hard to fit feet (narrow, bony, high-arched) and it took me a lot of tries to find a shoe I liked!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Yes, go to a running store! My local ones will assess your foot strike and pronation and let you try the treadmill in all their shoes. They carry a huge range and will get you something that fit your foot exactly. Mine are Mizuno, which lots of marathon runners like, and they are unbelievably comfortable for me.
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I do not like Nike at all. I run in ASICS but the Saucony brand is good also.
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    If you can find a running/walking shoe store in your area go get fitted. I had to drive an hour to get to the one that fitted me. They had me run barefoot on a treadmill and filmed my feet. Their staff all are experts on proper fit and walking/running technique. I paid $120 for the shoes I got but that is how much they cost on the internet or anywhere else I have found. It was well worth the trip. My shoes fit MY feet just right and it has greatly reduced my foot/knee/hip pain. BTW they are Adidas but I also tried on a pair of Brooks that were almost as good. I don't really think it matter which of the higher end brands the shoes are, they need to fit your feet right or they are miserable.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I loved my Nike Flex trainers...loved em' so much I wore them out. I'm now wearing Asics, and I love them as well.
  • tararocks
    tararocks Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    ive had Nikes that work great for everyday tennis shoes, but the moment i try to walk hard, run, or workout in any capacity they killed my feet, blood blisters, the whole works....ive switched to saucony and I LOVE THEM...never ahve any problems with my feet now no matter what workout im doing.
  • rebasporty
    rebasporty Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I went to Run Away Shoes...bought an awesome pair of Sauconys. Loving them!
  • OkieTink
    OkieTink Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I've worn Asic's for the past 14 years...as far as I know they are the only podiatrist recommend running shoe.
  • newmangrrl
    newmangrrl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I went to a running store where they fitted my feet. Now with the new shoes, I have no heel pain, knee pain or pain in my arches. Best money I have spent on exercise gear. My new shoes are Nikes and my old ones are Nike also. All depends on the support of the shoe and how you walk/run.