green coffee bean extract

Options
keely1998
keely1998 Posts: 148 Member
Has anyone tried Green Coffee Bean Extract, if u have how did u feel taking it and did you lose weight taking it

Replies

• chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    nm
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,707 Member
    Options
    Newest fad. Don't get sucked into it. Remember Acai? It hasn't changed, but somehow doesn't work any more...............for diet pill sales.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I read about it this morning. Iam non-plussed.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    You want to know what does work?

Eating less.
    Moving more.
  • mkwongh
    mkwongh Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    tried with a balanced diet and workout routine. did nothing
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Scam.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

Eating less.
    Moving more.

:angry:
  • TylerJ76
    Options

Eating less.
    Moving more.

:angry:

I will sell that plan to you Cliff for 4 easy payments of $99.95
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    To answer your question without giving you advice what you should and should not take, I tried it, and its the best gimmick ever made. I feel like this is one I can continue taking even when I reach my goals. I have cut down on everything cause I don't want as much as I have always wanted.
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I swear I tried everything that was marketed from the 1970s till now. I'll never buy another supplement unless its green coffee bean
  • melaniecmajors
    melaniecmajors Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Doesn't work. i've been taking it for months now...nothing. What DOES work is Tonalin CLA at least 3000 mg. Check it out.
  • TylerJ76
    Options
    Doesn't work. i've been taking it for months now...nothing. What DOES work is Tonalin CLA at least 3000 mg. Check it out.

Or just save your money...

Eat Less
    Move more
  • Ericsmom1991
    Options
    bought it, took one, felt my heart race like mad! Nope not for me I discovered I get energy from a good workout and after all that work i don't cheat cuz it's too hard getting it back off lol as crazy as it sounds. Sometime when i have an extra hard work out i can't sleep at night.
  • Loriinsj
    Loriinsj Posts: 1
    Options
    There are plenty of people who have found it helpful and others who have not. Given it works on blood sugar, it is probably not that useful for those on low carb diets. It also works best if you're doing what you're supposed to do to lose weight. In other words, if you're already watching your diet and exercise, it will probably help you lose a little faster. If you're looking for a miracle that takes weight off no matter what you do, it will probably not help.

I've found it helpful, but certainly not the magic bullet Dr. Oz said it would be.
  • lukedwr
    lukedwr Posts: 16
    Options
    Dare I ask who Dr Oz is?
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    1) These are a waste of money. It's one of those things people buy and think "I've lost weight because of this" or "I haven't lost weight because of this". The fact is, you need to be accountable for what you put into your mouth in terms of overall nutrition, not whether you've taken a God damn pill.

2) Not sure what calorie calculator you've used but generally read: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013

Set protein to 1g/lb of bodyweight.
    Set fat to 0.4-5g/lb of bodyweight.
    Fill the remaining calories with carbs.
    Work from there.

These are generalisations. Of course, it needs to be adjusted for each individual and this is mainly trial and error. My actual maintenance is about 3200 even though I weigh 160lbs and am 172cm tall. I've used a ton of calculators and equations, but the one that's working for me right now is the one here: http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/ <-- not everyone finds this helpful.

Best thing to do is use one of these links to find your maintenance and eat 20% less than it.

3) If you're noticing changes in your body, the the numerical value the scale gives you is irrelevant. Two women who weigh 130lb can look completely different in terms of their ratio of muscle mass and fat. Stop reading those stupid womens' magazines and start reading some basic nutritional science.