Newbie here-your favorite running songs?

Options
Hi, I hope this topic has not already been covered too much, but I am really interested to know what your favorite running songs/playlists are! I am desperately in need of a new playlist, I've been running to the same 30 songs for over a year now! Help! Thanks in advance. :bigsmile:

Replies

• helenmariebanks
    Options
    Hi my current faves are ELO - Mr Blue Sky....Chuck Berry Johnny B Goode and Vaccines Wrecking Bar (ra ra Ra)!
  • JoanneStone
    JoanneStone Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    It's kind of old school but, I love "Talk Dirty to Me" by Poison. The rhythm is perfect for my stride!
  • emmymae22
    emmymae22 Posts: 206
    Options
    I listen to Pandora when I work out and today "Don't Stop The Party" by Pitbull came on and I rocked it out! Try that one. Also a favorite of mine is "Blackout"by Breathe Carolina.
  • pittsblue99
    pittsblue99 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Here is my running play list:

Till I Collapse - Eminem
    Fat Bottomed Girls - Queen
    Cruise - Florida Georgia Line
    Pour Some Sugar on Me - Def Leppard
    No More Tears - Ozzy
    Country Grammar - Nelly
    Oh! - Union Turnpike
    Trouble - Pink
    Something About a Truck - Kip Moore
    You Shook Me All Night Long - AC/DC
    Single Ladies - Beyonce
  • shootergirlnc
    shootergirlnc Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Anything Punk Goes Pop, especially volumes 2 and 5. Lights Out by Breaking Benjamin is definitely my rage song for workouts, though.
  • mstrickland9
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Great new songs for me! Appreciated!
  • Toddahlie
    Toddahlie Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I love listening Initial D and Body combat Songs! xD
  • fight_for_fit
    Options
    If you go to mixcrate.com Its a website for Dj's that put together mixes you you can select the genre that you like and they will have a bunch of downloadable mixes that are normally 60 mins long. That way you don't have to download a bunch of individual songs.
  • KLC2784
    KLC2784 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have the most random, eclectic running playlist ever... from Eminem to the Beatles, from P!nk to Queen, from Weird Al Yankovic to Elvis Costello... LOL ... I really just love running to any song that pushes me to keep going just a little further or a little faster!
  • M00NPYE
    M00NPYE Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    If you go to mixcrate.com Its a website for Dj's that put together mixes you you can select the genre that you like and they will have a bunch of downloadable mixes that are normally 60 mins long. That way you don't have to download a bunch of individual songs.

THANK YOU!!!!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    http://jog.fm/

Great website for finding the right BPM (beats per minute) .... you plug in your running (walking) speed .... it gives you a list of songs. You can even sort by genre
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options

Cool!
  • aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Jimmy Eat World- Pain
    Marilyn Manson- Kaboom
    HED PE- Serpent Boy
    A Perfect Circle- Judith
  • aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    That's really awesome!
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna be (500. Miles). By the proclaimers
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    If you have a smartphone, get Pandora or Fitradio (or JogFM if you have an iphone). On Pandora, look for their workout station, it is awesome. That is what I run to all the time.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    It's kind of old school but, I love "Talk Dirty to Me" by Poison. The rhythm is perfect for my stride!

This is our song!! My hubby and I: 1988:).
    Love it!!! And it's not on my iPhone, I must correct that:)
  • flower_chops
    flower_chops Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have a mix but I LOVE Rage Against The Machine for running :D
  • Rotten_Apple
    Rotten_Apple Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    My #1 fave is "Let the Bodies Hit the Floor" by Drowning Pool - I try to set up my playlist so that this one plays halfway through my last run (I'm doing C25K so I'm still doing run/walk/run/walk). I swear when that song comes on I can not stop running!

My second fave is "The Pit" by Silver Sun Pickups - I like to start with that one.
  • mombieocalypse
    Options
    I have an odd mix and they are currently set to how my jogs go.
    Warm up (gets me pumped up to run):
    The Wind-Zac Brown Band
    Mama's Broken heart- Miranda Lambert

I am jogging in intervals so it's pretty mixed:

Cocaine Blues- Johnny Cash
    Before He Cheats - Carrie Underwood
    Hell - Squirrel Nut Zippers
    Right Round -Flo Rida (This one comes on during my most difficult runs, it pushes me)
    Stupid Girls-P!nk
    Bawitdaba - Kid Rock
    Trouble - Pink
    My Sweet One - Phish

Then I cool down with a little Toes- ZBB
    Gin Soaked Boy- Tom Waits
    My Wild Love- The Doors