You haven't eaten for 5 hours...

Options
and you're on you way to a commitment where food isn't going to be available for 3 more hours.

On your way you pass a Sheetz / Wawa / 7-11 or whatever Convenience store is in your area.

I had this problem last Thursday on my way to golf league after a busy day at work.

I bought a bag of diced apples, a granola bar and some skim milk.

What do you buy?

Replies

• Valkyriewoman
    Valkyriewoman Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Cheese stick, water and a piece of fruit, or a hummus and veggie pack.
  • OkieTink
    OkieTink Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Cheese sticks and a package of almonds or cashews.
  • Amy106Days
    Amy106Days Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Jalepeno Combos and a 1% milk.
  • m4ttcheek
    m4ttcheek Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'd just have a delayed dinner. If i got to a week night football match i'll have lunch around 2.30 and dinner at 11.
  • KLC2784
    KLC2784 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruit and some almonds
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Water and some combination of jerky, almonds, a green apple, plain Greek Yogurt, string cheese, or a decent protein bar if they have one. Just depends on what is available.

I do IF so generally missing meals is not a problem, but if I know I'll be out somewhere I generally pack a Quest Bar or some other snack ahead of time.
  • still_a_caterpillar
    Options
    Sugarfree Red Bull and raw almonds
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    water, protein bar, fruit.
  • Soloflyergirl2
    Soloflyergirl2 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    seriously...... starts shaking, .... go to BK and order a hamburger, a grilled chicken sandwich, medium onion rings and medium fries ..... save me from this self destruction....
  • allshebe
    allshebe Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I would have packed a "second lunch" to eat for "dinner" (and maybe have a snack when I finally got home, if I had calories left in the bank). We have refrigerators available at work (and microwaves), so between what I normally keep at work and what I might bring from home, I can come up with a pretty balanced meal that is more or less "portable" (meaning I can eat and drive). "Might" pick up an unsweetened ice tea at the "stop n shop".
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I always have a Quest bar in my purse and another in the glove box. I can't go more than 4hrs without something. If I had to buy something I would look for protein string cheese and a carb apple or nuts raw.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    A package of lower sodium jerky.
    One of those 50 cent packages of peanuts, or cashews, something like that (salt free if possible).
    1 single serving bag of chips.
    A large bottle of water (will be able to refill at a water fountain if needed)
    A bottle of the Fuze Slendarize drinks (they are between 10-20 calories per bottle!)
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Oh, and then saved the rest of the calories for one kick ash dinner that night.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    taquitos!!
    the jalapeno cream cheese ones.

but if i'm not trying to blow a bunch of calories on something that won't really fill me up, I'd get
    carrot sticks
    hard boiled egg(s)
    protein bar

7-Eleven is my *kitten*. They have a lot of good stuff.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Protein bar and nuts
  • IIISpartacusIII
    IIISpartacusIII Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    http://www.labrada.com/moreinfo_bars_leanbody2.shtml

Those are tasty and have 30 grams of protein per serving and Labrada Nutrition's got some low carb one's too. Eating "on the run" is actually very easy. I just gave a link to what I like but really, there's a billion of bars and goodies from lots of decent companies that offer tasty, nutritious treats that you can take with you on the road. Real food is always better but a nutritious snack does the trick too.
  • JVazquez11
    JVazquez11 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I keep water in my car and some protein and fiber bars (very filling) and then I would buy a beef jerky (protein), some nuts or yogurt (calcium).
  • corrinnebrown
    corrinnebrown Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Unsalted nuts and maybe some beef or turkey jerky
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Impossible. I never go 5 hours without eating....unless I'm sleeping.
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    WaWa- Junior turkey sub.

Sheetz- A little more iffy. Greek yogurt/Jerky/Veggie packs?

Random gas station with no MTO food? Jerky