no weightloss in 4 weeks

Options
I've been watching all my calorie intake for 4 weeks, excersice 4 times a week and haven't lost a gramm. Any ideas what else I could kickstart my weightloss?

Replies

• hamasehfallah
    Options
    go here:

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

accurately fill out your weight, height and activity level (don't underestimate your activity, but dont over estimate either).

Look at the value it gives you for your TDEE. Eat at a 20% reduction of this. DON'T eat back your workout calories, as these are already estimated in your TDEE. I would recommend a 40%C/30%P/30%F macronutrient split (you can set your MFP settings to this so it will automatically show you how much you need to eat of each).

If you do all of this you should lose weight.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Took 6 weeks before my scale decided to budge. Miserable 6 weeks. Keep at it. Go to the scooby website. Stay consistent. The results will come!
  • hamasehfallah
    Options
    You also need to get an ACCURATE estimate of how much you are eating. Traditional measuring cups are actually quite off, and youre usually eating more than you think. I'd suggest buying a food scale.
  • Xhell_on_heelsX
    Options
    Sometimes it just takes awhile hun...took me almost a month til the scale actually showed any kind of loss. I don't weigh in every two weeks or even every month..I just go with how my body feels..if you feel better and are losing inches that's still a good sign :smile:
  • tkotaka
    tkotaka Posts: 17
    Options
    I feel your pain! After the first 8 lbs fell off in about 4 weeks the scale was stuck for about the next 5 weeks. As discouraging as that was (I'm a numbers person) I could tell I was getting leaner. What was once flabby was getting firm(er). I had to take my pants to the tailor to take in the waist. I weighed in on Saturday expecting typical non-motivating same weight and lo and behold I lost another 1.6 lbs.

Keep doing what you're doing and notice how your clothes are fitting. Take measurements and record the inches you're losing. Try not to get hung up on the scale (easier said than done) and always expend more calories than you're taking in. you'll feel the difference.

Good luck!
  • govinda70
    govinda70 Posts: 26
    Options
    thanks for all the posts. I got a good kitchenscale, weight it all, write down every little bite of something. I guess it will just take a while. Some of my friends lost a lot in the first few weeks, and I haven t lost anything.