Anyone else obsessed with MFP?

Options
Please tell me I'm not they only one logging foods/calories before having had the chance to eat them? Everything's running cold before I've sat down.

Not sure the point of this thread but would love to connect with fellow extreme MFP devotees!

Replies

• jjoyce408
    jjoyce408 Posts: 24
    Options
    I have a similar problem. I feel so much better once I've logged that sometimes I have to go in and edit because I didn't even eat all that I logged.
  • SCtolulu
    SCtolulu Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I am a bit obsessed. But I have to be to lose the weight.
  • ShellGetsFit
    ShellGetsFit Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Oh hell ya!!! I can't seem to be without MFP lately! Constantly on here checking on my friends, sending encouragement and peeking through the forum. I think it's bordering on a serious addiction! LOL :laugh:
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Yup and that's a Good thing!!!
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Always. I've abandoned all other social networks and moved in full time here. Generally I pre-log my entire day's intake either first thing or the night before, and tweak accordingly as I go on. It's far easier that way than getting to dinner and wondering what on earth you can eat that will balance out your macros for the end of the day.
  • earvizu92
    earvizu92 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Guilty, but its a good thing!!
  • run_way
    run_way Posts: 220
    Options
    Absolutely - I'm constantly on my phone logging before I eat anything, it's getting to where I need to be a little more conscious of where I am so that I'm not ignoring my husband when we go out! Better to know exactly what you're eating though!
  • RoseThePenguin
    RoseThePenguin Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm 50/50 on here and Facebook x)
  • nikky731
    nikky731 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm totally obsessed with MFP!!
  • crlyxx
    crlyxx Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    This is probably the number 1 site I go on now, lol. I've also had this tendency of logging foods before I eat them. I feel it keeps me on track and makes it so I'm less likely to eat other things later on.
  • morcal36
    morcal36 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I defo am, at times I am logging as I am eating or cooking. But hey if it helps, its a healthy addiction xx :)
  • bwnorton
    bwnorton Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I look at it as paying extreme attention to a part of my life (eating and portions) that was out of control and bringing it back into control. I don't know if I will be as over the top once I'm in maintenance, but then again, I still use my Garmin Edge for all my bike rides. I guess as long as it keeps helping without causing any problems, I'll be OK.
  • dianeb613
    dianeb613 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I log as I eat.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    ME!

I pre-log my day as I pack my lunch/snacks before I eat breakfast in the morning. That's when I build/plan my supper too.

I am constantly logging on here during the day to check things out. I have even pre-logged an entire week (more so because I really needed to ration out our food supply between pay periods).
  • simplyshannal
    simplyshannal Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I would say I am a little obsessed. I have not started logging calories yet but one the other hand, I do everything else. Hope to start logging soon. :)
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I visit this website way more than any other one now. I'm having great results in terms of weight loss and just a general feeling of well being from all the exercise I'm doing now. It's really changed my life!

I love how the website depends more on the wisdom of the crowd. It's so unobstrusive- it doesn't tell you what to do. It's just there, with all these great tools.

I love it.
  • Pinkemi
    Pinkemi Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I am definatly obsessed. Have to be careful about when i am logging as have a habit of ignoring my boyfriend while logging calories! ( and then have a go at him when he's playing with his phone. hahaha)
  • Heather032190
    Heather032190 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I am a little with the website more than the app. I havent came to the point to logging before I eat it but I come here everyday check forums and my friends constantly.
  • iLoveMyAR15
    iLoveMyAR15 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    OMG i've actually quit MFP a few times because calories and exercise were all i could think about. Day in, day out, calories in and calories out! Logging, logging and more logging. Obsessing big time! I drove myself absolutely nuts until i finally figured out all the TDEE and BMR stuff! Now i'm back and i've already lost 9 pounds
  • jaymesjourney
    Options
    extremely obessed now :) I spend majority of my day at work on this site browsing the communities and pre-logging foods!