Will You Use MFP Forever?

Options
When you have reached your weight loss goal (and you will) do you think you will continue to use MFP, even if it's just for a 'maintaining tool'? Or will you delete your account or use it less once you have reached your goal?
I'm very close to mine at the moment, but feel as though I will probably then set MFP to 'maintain' and continue to log, always- or at least I am very comfortable, knowing I will stay roughly the same weight.
Just curious ^_^

Replies

• Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I think I will use it for a long time to come. I know if I don't watch my food and calorie intake, I know I will start to slip up, little by little. I am nearly at my halfway point to my main first goal, but may want to go further after that. A friend of mine lost her weight 6 years ago ad has kept it off for those years, but says she still does a food diary every day! It is a great tool and easy to use!
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    I was just thinking about this earlier. I think I would have to continue to use MFP, just to keep me accountable, at least a few times a week. My nutritionist even says she observes and documents her calories several times a month, just to make sure she's not underestimating her cals (which a lot of us do! lol)
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    yes
    edited to add: The only people I know that have kept the weight off, are those that continued to be aware of their food intake. One friend lost approx 80 pounds. She said to me 5 yrs ago she will always write her food down.......forever.......I saw her at the gym the other day and she has kept off all her weight! My other friend lost 60 pounds thru WW....continues with her points and monthly meetings and has kept the weight within 10 pounds for 15 yrs

I feel this is a part of my daily life........it has been over 1 year of maintence for me and I actually LOST another 6 pounds!! LOL
  • LettyM62
    LettyM62 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I think so.

later......

I'll take my answer back...forever is a long time, maybe I'll just do it as long as I can, to keep myself on track and maintain.
  • alexwalper
    alexwalper Posts: 81
    Options
    I like food too much and am a bit wary of trusting myself, so I definitely will try at the least! :)
  • jeweljade
    jeweljade Posts: 93
    Options
    Definitely!! I have lost a lot of weight in the past and gained it back over time, and after thinking about it I think I realize now that it was because once I met my weight loss goal I felt I had nothing to work towards. So this time I will use MFP to maintain my weight and start new goals like working up to being able to run several miles without stopping. I don't want to just be skinny I want to be in great shape as well!
  • MMATrainer13
    Options
    Goals should never stop. Weight loss is the most common goal, and once it is achieved, we must set new goals for ourselves. Whether it is running a 5k, increasing strength or endurance, losing body fat, etc, goals are what keep us moving. I always tell my clients that it is easier to stay running when you can see the finish line. That is why I always recommend short term goals, anywhere from 4-12 weeks. Keep up all your hard work, it sounds like it is definitely paying off! And never stop asking yourself, "What am I going to do next to challenge myself?"
  • Precious_Nissa
    Options
    I believe I will because MFP is what has got me on track and I really and thankful for someone who made this a free site....
  • Mary_Burris
    Mary_Burris Posts: 120
    Options
    im addicted to it I know I will be on here as long as its here. lol. I Love how I Now know what I was doing wrong and this is the way I need to be FOREVER LOL.!!! :love:
  • microtanya
    microtanya Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It's become such a habit and so eye-opening, plus I don't trust myself to maintain without it, maybe for a few months but I can't even begin to think about it now, I would miss it too much!
  • cocacole77
    cocacole77 Posts: 53
    Options
    Yes I will use it always to help me maintain my weight.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I have a LONG way to go to get to my goal weight... so I am hoping that by then I will know what I can eat and how to eat without relying on MFP. My goal right now is to maintain using MFP for a few months, and then try to try it without (or maybe gradually cut down the days that I log in everything) and see how it goes! I do love the support here and I have no plans to delete my account and leave when I hit my goals... but I may cut back on the calorie counting. :)
  • SayRah
    SayRah Posts: 104
    Options
    Even if I do reach my weight goal, prolly not! I'm kind of addicted, I think...
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Even if I do reach my weight goal, prolly not! I'm kind of addicted, I think...
    Haha, that's kind of how I am. I love reading posts and the atmosphere here is just so positive it makes a bad day better after reading people's encouragements to one another. So yeah, I'll definitely use it once I hit maintenance mode, daily for at least the first year or so. After that, I might not be so rigid, but I plan to hold myself accountable because I plan to NEVER let myself go again!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I am definitely the type of person that will need to watch what I eat for the rest of my life, and recording every bite seems to be the only way I have had any success so YES I will use MFP for a long time to come.
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I think I'd definitely use it for maintenance. It'll be a new thing for me to maintain a healthy weight do I think I'd have to rely on something to keep me on track. The last thing I'd want to do is regain the weight and start this all over again.
  • HeatherCanDoIt
    HeatherCanDoIt Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I will have to! I believe that I will have to work hard every single day for the rest of my life to keep it off!!!
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    For me, this isn't a diet, this is a life change, and MPF is part of my life now. Accountability is amazing the support is wonderful, and I did loose weight before, I use to be 230, I got down to 160 and over the last year I slowly got back up to 175, I know this needs to be a part of my life, even if its nothing else to give support to others who are where I use to be!!
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I don't know that I will always be on MFP per-say, but I will always find a way to be very aware of what I'm putting in my mouth. I certainly will NOT be on the message boards forever :tongue:
  • MzMolly
    MzMolly Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    YES!! Not only does it help me stay on track and see just what I am eating but I love all my MFP friends! I love this more then facebook. I think that if I stop logging my food I will go back to gaining weight!