Whats best to lose weight on my chest (boobs)

Options
I am getting married in less than 4 weeks and went for my wedding dress fitting today and was told that my dress would look perfect if i lost some weight on my boobs.. I get married on the 7th August... Any ideas would be great!!

Thanx Emma :O)

Replies

• iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I know that you can't "spot reduce" or lose weight or inches in a specific area. Since it's only 4 weeks until your wedding, I'm not sure there's much you can do other than know that there are plenty of girls that are jealous :laugh:
  • Malakaiess
    Malakaiess Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    ooo Thanx Kelynn. The lady in the shop said i have such a tiny waist and that the dress does not fit 100% due to my chest being size 36G...I have tryed different bras but it does nothing i was thinking there might be some sort of excerise/thing you could do to make them smaller.
  • dea_di_libri
    Options
    Even though it's uncomfortable as hell, taping/binding the girls works. Maybe the butterfly chest press will help as well? http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/finder/lookup/filter/muscle/id/1/muscle/chest It builds muscle, therefore burning fat.

Congrats on your wedding by the way ^.^~!
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Can't they fit the dress to you?
  • Malakaiess
    Options
    Hi Joyrobles... No the dress cannot be fitted it is strings on the back and they have to pulled then tight around my waist but it is creased on my stomach from the chest area.. if you get me? They say there is nothing they can do and that it does not look to bad..Im not upset but it would be great if there was something i could do to make it look better. I have paid for the dress and love it, im exercising but dont seem to lose any weight from the chest...

dea_di_libri ... Thankyou for the link and the gz, ive been with my partner over 9 years so he took his time really asking me to marry him ;O)
  • AriesGrl
    AriesGrl Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Wish I could trade with you....Ive lost so much weight in my chest I have deflated balloons as boobs....lol:sad:
  • Malakaiess
    Options
    AriesGrl --- I will take the trade.. Im after a C-E CUP :O) Well done on the weight loss x
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Have you tried a minimizer bra? I have to do that for dresses, I'm an F.
  • dbynum1
    dbynum1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem - extra large sisters. I find that different bra styles give me an entirely different look. Have you looked at any minimizer-type bras? Maybe you can try your dress on with several different bra types to see if you can find a better look. Anyway, try and relax and enjoy your beautiful day. If you like the dress, buy it and see if another tailor can help you out. Or just wear it anyway, you'll be beautiful bc you are a happy bride.
  • Malakaiess
    Options
    dbynum1 --Thanx. I will look into getting some different bras, i have already brought the dress months ago. There is nothing a tailor can do ive seen lots... Its just my body not the dress,, anyways i will keep going to the gym and i will also look at some different bras.. thanx

btw my dress is strapless so im wearing a strapless bra which also does not help keep this puppies under control!
  • Bambie
    Bambie Posts: 12
    Options
    I used a corset when I got married. Wasn't as uncomfortable as you'd think actually. Well, okay by the end of the night it was hurrting but I felt great all evening/night up until then! Congrats and HAVE FUN!
  • Malakaiess
    Options
    Hiya Bambie, will a corset make my boobs smaller.. thought that was for you waist & stomach? x
  • AriesGrl
    AriesGrl Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I am coming down from a DD But now theres the DD skin, but cup size more like a lrg B....it so grosses me out!
  • dmstephens
    dmstephens Posts: 13
    Options
    Not sure if this is possible in your time frame but I was at the doctor two weeks ago for my yearly check up and while talking with the nurse she mentioned a patient had had liposuction to reduce her breast size and it was very small scar and fast recovery. Something she and I had not heard of before but thought I would mention it to you. Hope all works out and congrads on your wedding!!
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I got married in levis and a white blouse and my husband wore levis ,white shirt and a campain hat
  • dragonflyjill
    dragonflyjill Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    If you lose weight all over it should also come off your boobs a little bit. They have this TV show here in Canada called Bulging Brides where women have 6 weeks to get in shape to fit into their dress, and they work their butt off and lose a couple of inches off the chest which makes a big difference. Lots of cardio. Maybe hire a trainer (quickly).

I also agree with consulting another tailor. Your body is your body, it is not defective! I know Stacey and Clinton would back me up!
  • Malakaiess
    Options
    Thanx guys soo much, im going to stick to the gym & speak to a personal trainer and see what he can come up witg, thanx for all your help x
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I got married in levis and a white blouse and my husband wore levis ,white shirt and a campain hat

Was John Lennon singing in the background?? :wink:

Now THAT is my kind of wedding! I always wanted a beach wedding at sunset. Everyone in jeans and Tshirt............^sigh^

Sounds lovely
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Thanx guys soo much, im going to stick to the gym & speak to a personal trainer and see what he can come up witg, thanx for all your help x

unfortunately for me the girls were the first to go! I have been 36c since gaining weight, like 20 yrs now. I was had been a 34a before kids and weight increase...........so I anticipated a huge change in the chest area.

To my utter delight I lost it first under my arms and sides of my babies.........maybe if you are able to lose a few in the next couple of weeks it will be just the inch or two you will need!

Fingers crossed for you.................and :heart: CONGRATULATIONS:drinker:
  • Bambie
    Bambie Posts: 12
    Options
    My corset went around my waist, down around my hips a bit even, and over my boobs. It was wonderful. It flattened my boobs so that my dress looked so much smoother and beautiful. I still had a bit of cleavage and looked feminine of course but I wasn't jiggling all over the place. It depends on how your dress is designed...maybe it wouldn't work for your style of dress...
    After my wedding I gained a ton of weight...after two children and a few years I finally joined MFP and I've lost 30 pounds so far but the boobs are taking MUCH longer to loose than I wished!
    All the best!