How often & When should you weight yourself?

Options
I'm so unmotivated lately to weight myself, because I'm fluctuate between 146-148lbs. The first batch of weight loss was consistence, and after the last time I weighed in at 146...it doesn't seem to be anymore...Please help.

Replies

• tonyrocks922
    tonyrocks922 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    If you're going to obsess about it and can't handle normal 1-3 lb fluctuations then weigh yourself less often. Many people have success weighing themselves every day, many can't handle that. If you're not happy with your current schedule, try another. This isn't rocket science.

As for when, it will be most accurate in the morning, naked, before eating and drinking anything, and after urinating.
  • candieprayz
    candieprayz Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    If you're going to obsess about it and can't handle normal 1-3 lb fluctuations then weigh yourself less often. Many people have success weighing themselves every day, many can't handle that. If you're not happy with your current schedule, try another. This isn't rocket science.

As for when, it will be most accurate in the morning, naked, before eating and drinking anything, and after urinating.

I agree! I weigh myself exactly how you said here. To the OP, you might find it more enjoyable to step on the scale once a week or once every week and a half or two weeks.
  • angela13081
    Options
    I was getting obsessed and weighing myself 2-3 times a day so I took my scale to my neighbors with strict instructions to only let me on it on Fridays. She was happy to help. It's not really out of sight, out of mind, but it takes the temptation away. Don't want my neighbor thinking I'm crazy.
  • flitabout
    flitabout Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I agree only weigh once a week. If I see one little gain I flip out.
  • QueenofScott
    QueenofScott Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I choose to weigh weekly, because I don't want to see any fluctuations throughout the week, plus I like the pay-off of seeing a larger loss on the scale after a full week. I like to weigh first thing in the morning after I potty.
  • sc10985
    sc10985 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Your weight can fluctuate based on so many things. I weigh in everyday but I find that I weigh the least in the early afternoon after I've had a few glasses of water and have gone pee a few times lol. Even after breakfast and a snack.
  • Toddahlie
    Toddahlie Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    for me it's very difficult, because a try to weight myself only once a week, but sometimes I weight myself everyday T_T.

It's more healthy only weight yourself once a week! and in the same time!
  • keely1998
    keely1998 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    i'm really bad i weigh myself a couple of times a day
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, but I understand the science behind all of this and I understand natural body weight fluctuations. I know that is it scientifically impossible for me to lose or gain pounds of fat overnight. I like having as much data as possible to analyze.

What's more important is that you are weighing at the same time and under the same conditions when you do weigh in.
  • tnq1019
    tnq1019 Posts: 65
    Options
    i do it every am just to stay on track and accountable! i know thats alot but id rather not let myself slip up
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily but I only record a lower number.
    This also lets me track how different food items affect water retention. A +3 pound change from one day to the next is not fat.
    I don't record numbers in the morning if it is after a morning swim but before breakfast. I am always a bit dehydrated after swimming and can lose 3 pounds on 90 laps. A gallon of water weighs about 8 pounds.
    I suppose for consistency I should stick to the same day of the week, first thing in the morning.
  • nguyen3828
    nguyen3828 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank-you all very much for your tips and advice. I notice the slowdown weight loss process is because I don't drink enough water for them to flush out my excess waste.
  • marcvandenberg
    marcvandenberg Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Do it on the same day every week, best at the same time after U use the toilet.
    And even then it can be 2 lbs of.
  • mareese412
    Options
    Hi there,

I can totally relate! I'm battling the same exact weight problem as you. I've been flunctuating between 146-148. I workout about 3-4 times per week for about 45 mins to an hour each time. It's so frustraing to not see the results I want. I need to be better about drinking water though. Hope that helps us out little!
  • aprils151
    aprils151 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    its so hard to not obsess I admit that I weigh myself daily and completely realize that I shouldn't be doing that. Its hard when you just want to see progress. Instant gratification is a problem most people feel the need for it.
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    Options
    i weigh every day, but only enter my weight once a week.
  • NatashaWhowantstoknow
    Options
    I agree in the morning fresh out of bed after urinating. Make sure to do it once a week to every two weeks. That way you should see some progress. I too am obsessed with the scale so I leave it alone.