Hangover.

Options
1045 calories by 9.30am, you know what time it is, I am mercilessly hungover.

Replies

• sarahf3092
    sarahf3092 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I think I am one of the lucky few who can never eat after a night drinking hangover or not. From my friends I know hangovers require calories.....don't worry about it too much, as long as you had a good time when drinking :)
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    I do this every now and then also. A few drinks now ends up in a binge and hangover. I feel like crap for two days but... I get right on program the next day - even exercise. It is horrible but.. makes me remember why I try not to drink anymore. It is not worth the calories, feeling terrible a guilt.
  • vikkistarr89
    vikkistarr89 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    You're right, the empty calories and sugar is so not worth it! I have cut down massively, I was quite a big drinker, and I have stopped but, i love going out, everything about it.

I enter my alcohol calories on here aswell and when you see 1000 calories in wine in the evening, and then the day next is 'macdonalds' its quite funny, but massively shameful.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Just keep getting back on track on matter how bad you were.
  • sugarbear50
    sugarbear50 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 40 years old and had a terrible hangover yesterday. I think I should be old enough to know better. NOT. I ate everything in sight yesterday afternoon and then of course had to try the hair of the dog and drink a beer with the pizza and ice cream. Pathetic. Today is a new day No booze for me for a while. Feels Yucky.
  • 212ackley
    212ackley Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I didn't end up hungover, but I gained 6# :noway: of damned water weight from all the shots and snack crackers!:sad: I have to cut back on this....once a week is too much! Lately I have been down a # or 2 at my Saturday am weigh in and Monday I'm up 2-4# of water...down again next saturday..repeat...

I blame Nascar! if I weren't attending parties and eating & drinking I'd be right on track!!! :laugh: :drinker: :sad: :huh: :blushing:
  • gregwhitley
    gregwhitley Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I find it odd that I keep seeing people mention gaining water weight from drinking alcohol. I have to wonder if it isn't the typically sodium filled snacks and foods that go along with it causing this. I always lose 2-3 pounds after a night drinking, but I generally only drink liquor/diet soda.
  • AliceRabbit13
    AliceRabbit13 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Water, tylenol, motrin, caffeine, saltines. Good luck.
  • jojo37696
    jojo37696 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    perfect solution QUIT DRINKING ALCOHOL
  • Lib_B
    Lib_B Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    i gave up the booze. i've got 2 kids and they still want me to be mommy no matter how bad i feel. so i basically gave it up. not to say that i don't 'overindulge' every once in awhile, but not like my roaring 20's when i'd party until 5 AM, grab a couple hours of sleep and then head into work. how did i do that??? age will slow you down too.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Water is a diuretic. Hello? Ever noticed that you have to pee CONSTANTLY when you're drinking? That's why. You "gain" from the snacks and crap you eat afterwards.
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    TO be perfectly honest I find that if you can put the effort forth, a smoothie packed with fresh fruits and yogurt is an awesome hangover remedy maybe with a fried egg or some bacon and lots of water of course. That way you are replenishing your system and not totally blowing another day of logging.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Hangover = dehydration. Drink something (non alcoholic, preferably.)
  • CeCe_711
    CeCe_711 Posts: 35
    Options
    You're right, the empty calories and sugar is so not worth it! I have cut down massively, I was quite a big drinker, and I have stopped but, i love going out, everything about it.

I enter my alcohol calories on here aswell and when you see 1000 calories in wine in the evening, and then the day next is 'macdonalds' its quite funny, but massively shameful.

you are fabulous. too many people on here don't add their boozing calories. it blows my mind. i too add the vino calories. and then the burger that ultimately follows it. a tip from one vino to another, pedialyte. really helps with the hangover! i drink some before i go to bed (if i remember) and then one or two the next day...depending on how craptastic i feel. :0)