Need honest advice/tips

Options
Hello. Thank you for taking the time to read and help out. Currently I am 5'6" and weigh 140 pounds. This is my highest weight, and my second time reaching this weight in the past several years. Last summer I was able to get down to about 120 and did really like the way I looked. That being said, I kind of like the curves I have now, I just want to be a little more firm. Here is a photo of what I look like now. What would you suggest? Should I be eating at a deficit and still trying to lose some weight, or eating at maintainance and doing more strength training? Please be honest!

bodyprogresspic_zpsb9aa3f5e.jpg

Replies

• jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Small deficit (10%) and heavy lifting (although there is no way to control where the fat comes off)
  • buffybabe
    buffybabe Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • tonyrocks922
    tonyrocks922 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    100% heavy lifting.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Small deficit (10%) and heavy lifting (although there is no way to control where the fat comes off)

This!
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Do more weight lifting, heavier weights lower reps 6-8 , I could not see your diet, adding muscle will help shape your body, still have curves, if you keep your diet clean, lean protein, complex carbs and healthy fats, you should see results
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,619 Member
    Options
    Lift and lift. Don't focus on the scale, focus on the mirror.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • buffybabe
    buffybabe Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the good advice! I will start doing more lifting!