What do you use to track your distance?

Options
Hey, guys. I've been running a lot on the treadmill the last few months, but now that it's starting to get nicer outside, I would like to move my run outdoors. The only problem is I want to know exactly how far I've gone. I know there are apps for the Iphone, but I hate caring my phone or anything for that matter on runs. Is there a watch out there that you like that tracks distance? I don't care about calories or anything like that...I know those aren't that accurate anyway. I've seen a Timex Ironman and thought about getting this, but want to get opinions before I spend $70!

Replies

• majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin 405CX, and really like it, but it would cost you more than $70. Garmin does have a stripped down FR10 is a bit cheaper, though. Check out the product reviews at DC Rainmaker to help figure out what might be best for you: http://www.dcrainmaker.com/product-reviews
  • rhodesar
    rhodesar Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've got a Garmin GPS watch. I love it. Comes with a HRM too!
  • texasgirl88
    Options
    No need to spend money if you have a smart phone,, you can download Noom a free app that tracks it all!!
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I use the MapMyRun app on my phone (while listening to Pandora's 80s Cardio station).
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I don't know about watches, but I use Map My Run and clip it on my belt. Well, I've done that once, I also don't run outside much. In the past for walks and stuff I've used Spark People's Fitness maps. You can plug in your starting address, then trace your route. You put in how long you walked for, and it tells you your distance and average pace. If you have an account there with your weight up to date, it gives you a calorie burn as well.
  • jaygreen55
    jaygreen55 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Here's a website
    Gmap-pedometer.com You fill in your route, enter your weight,and turn on the elevation and it will give you the distance you ran several places past the decimal point, give you a graph of the changes in elevation over the course of your run and estimate your calories burned. It's free and requires no piece of equipment to buy