Question about TDEE and my daily calorie goal

Options
So I have been do some research on why I have stopped losing weight recenlty despite following my daily goals. I used one of the calulators suggested by someone on this board to find my TDEE and it came out to 2372. So if I eat 20% less than that I should be eating 1898 calories a day! That seems like a ton! If that is what I should be eating, then why does this site give me a goal of 1200 calories a day? I have about 38 more lbs to lose and I haven't lost anything for about a month. It is getting very frustrating!

Replies

• grdaze
    grdaze Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I eat about 1800 cal a day and I'm losing 1 lb a week. I have another 30 lbs to go, so I'm happy with that progress, overall.
  • jess6741
    jess6741 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    The site gives you 1200 calories assuming you are going to eat back your exercise calories. So if you burn 600kcal working out then you eat those in addition to your base calories of 1200. So in the end you are eating about the same amount in both methods.
  • acp269
    acp269 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That makes sense, thanks! I only work out 3 or 4 days a week though, so on the days I don't work out should I just eat the 1200 cals? I have noticed though that when I do eat all the extra calories I burn from excercise that my weight goes up the next day. Why would that happen?
  • vegaspfmf
    vegaspfmf Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    If you calculated your tdee with the correct activity multiplier then you should eat the tdee-20% everyday. Set your calories yourself and dont enter the exercise into mfp