Sugar and sodium?

Options
Has anybody ever had issues staying under your sugar and sodum intake, but under your calorie intake and still lost weight? I only ate two things today so far (oatmeal and a fiber one bar) and I have almost no sugar left and it's not even noon. Or I have issues going way above my sodium, and about -20ish for sugar but still under my calories. I feel like the sugar limit is low even though I know it does cause weight gain but sad if I eat two things and about done with sugar. Advice?:)

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Sugar is just a carb. As long as you're eating enough fats and protein, your carbs/sugar aren't important unless you have a medical issue that requires carbs/sugar to be monitored. As long as you're under your calorie goal, you'll lose weight. Some people find that sugar (even from fruit) causes them to have more sugar/carb cravings. If this isn't the case for you there's no need to limit sugar.
  • leahhm91
    leahhm91 Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks! So it's nothing to really worry about unless I am over-doing it? I normally work out everyday and take a day or two to rest, I don't burn as many calories because I just got surgery a month ago on my hip so can't over do it, plus I eat fairly healthy and cut out all soda and replaced it with water or crystal light, the sugar and sodium is my main problem but I normally try to work most of it off but still stay under my calories or right next to it. :)