New to message boards

Options
chattyts
chattyts Posts: 28 Member
Hello, my name is Tina and I recently just turned 49. I joined just over 4 weeks ago after I finally got an Iphone and so far so good, I have lost 10 lbs. My goal is to lose 87 pounds total or close to it, but mostly I just want to be in better shape and feeling more healthly. I have set my goals to lose 2 pounds a week and doing at least 45 mins of exercise a day. Keeping within the 1200 calories a day has actually been easier than I thought since I have to track everything I eat. For exercise, I have been walking every morning and evening for 20-30 mins and I try to ride my stationary bike at least 15-20 mins. We have an Elliptical and thats a bit harder, but I am up to 8 mins. I mainly just use my phone app to record my daily diary of food and exercise, but to stay motivated I logged on to the website on my computer to check out the commuity board. I would love to add friends to help me stay motivated and for me to help others.

Replies

• Hello my name is Shaan. I joined here to help and motivate others to reach their fitness goals. I know when I first started I had family and friends who motivated me and this is my way of returning the favour. If you have any questions or concerns about your exercise or what works best and what does not, please do not hesitate to message me or add me as your friend.
  • suelambrecht
    suelambrecht Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Been doing this for a week now and getting a little discouraged!! I am gaining instead of loosing. My name is Sue and I am trying to train for my first Half Marathon the end of May, so along with this I am trying to also loose some weight and eat correctly. Any advice ??