Hello!

Options
I'm a college girl interested in starting some healthy exercise and eating habits. Has anyone recently starting running? I'd love to start. How about healthy options for eating out?

Replies

• bhelmreich
    bhelmreich Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I love running :) I'm working up to running a 5k with a running "plan" from Fitness Magazine. If you like taco bell, their fresco menu is delicious and not outrageously bad!
  • MsPatricia
    MsPatricia Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Running is Fun, But Zumba is better - it doesn't feel like exercise. and it is so much fun! you can burn 500-600 calories in an hour!
    How about healthy options for eating out?

Only if you must - If you order a salad, watch out for the dressing/Cheese options.
  • MsPatricia
    MsPatricia Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    How about healthy options for eating out?

Only if you must - If you order a salad, watch out for the dressing/Cheese options.
  • CollegeGirl2
    Options
    Which fitness magazine? Could you copy the plan or at least tell me what the plan is called so I can google it? It sounds perfect.
  • CMenendez
    CMenendez Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am also teaching myself how to run i use the couch to 5k in 9 weeks. Just google the website and it will show you the plan! Best of luck on your running
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Here is the 5k info. My sister in law sent it to my wife. If you want the whole mess PM me your email address. It has a 10k and half marathon plan as well and my nerd family made an excel file to track it.

5k.png
  • CollegeGirl2
    Options
    Thanks keith0373 and CMenendez...I think I'm going to go with the couch to 5K running plan because it goes by time rather than distance (I don't have a pedometer to track that sort of thing). I'll start today!
  • lnelson129
    Options
    I to have recently decided I need to start running, the problem is I hate it! i used to be able to run like atleast 20 min a day but now I just dont know guess we shall see. Would love any tricks that make it seem easier to get in to.
  • CollegeGirl2
    Options
    I to have recently decided I need to start running, the problem is I hate it! i used to be able to run like atleast 20 min a day but now I just dont know guess we shall see. Would love any tricks that make it seem easier to get in to.

Honestly I don't particularly like running, either, but it's such a great workout! Take a look at the couch to 5K running plan. I like it because it's a run/walk combination that looks like it'll ease me into running more:

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml