Feeling ill after first body pump class :(

Options
Hi, my usual exercise routine is cardio and weight machines at the gym, only been back at the gym working out for a few weeks after a few months break, Well this morning i decided to try a body pump class for the first time, Ever since i have done this class this morning i feel terrible :( i feel physically sick and have had a really bad headache, i have just had to take some painkillers to see if it helps any, does this sound normal? is it just my body getting use to the new routine and weights or did i over do it? i was fine whilst doing the class, it was only after, I'm use to having sore muscles from doing weights but not feeling physically ill :(

Replies

• Jewelforyou
    Options
    Nope. Not normal at all. Maybe there are some other reasons that you weren't feeling well, like you didn't eat enough beforehand or you're starting to get sick and just don't know it it. Give it another try and see what happens.
  • TheGirlyBookworm
    Options
    Nope. Not normal at all. Maybe there are some other reasons that you weren't feeling well, like you didn't eat enough beforehand or you're starting to get sick and just don't know it it. Give it another try and see what happens.

I didnt eat much at all before hand as i always can only manage a light breakfeast before i workout, this has always been fine before and i have worked out in the morning on an empty stomach fine before to, i feel a little better but not 100%, will try and eat a little more before hand next time and give it one more go, thanks for your reply.
  • Angie_Fritts
    Angie_Fritts Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I have never felt bad after doing pump. I would guess there is something else going on. Maybe you are trying to get sick and it is just a coincidence it coinsided with with pump class.
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    maybe you caught the flu or something. i highly doubt you would be feeling like that from a body pump class
  • sp98
    sp98 Posts: 46
    Options
    I had a similar thing a couple of months ago. Felt ill after my classes 2 days in a row and absolutely exhausted which NEVER happens...turned out I was getting a ripper of a cold. Take care and drink plenty of fluids and rest up if you can.
  • TheGirlyBookworm
    Options
    Guess only time will tell wether im just sick or not, was just intrested to know if it was normal, with a new workout routine, but obviously not so will give it another go next week as long as i feel well, thanks all.