help w/my macros for low carb & still hitting cal target

Options
Hi All -

I have recently gone back to doing low carb, tried to eat in moderation and with my PCOS my body was just not having it.

I am not following any particular low carb way of eating or "diet", but I am eating high fat low carb, so I would think it would be similar to a keto diet.

I went and had my RMR tested and my rate came out at 2480, was given a program to use to calculate losses and it said to lose 1.5 a week to eat 2580. I have my cals set to this but am a bit confused on how to set my macros. I have seen around here that keto is

65% Fat/30% Protein/5% Carb

This formula puts my 5% carbs at 32g a day. This past week I have been staying between 30-40 net carbs a day, so pretty close.

Is this the best macro set up to use? Like I said I am not necessary following a keto diet, but I guess I kinda am, but I have never fully read into keto to know if I am or not lol

would love to hear what some of you others have your macros set at, I want to make sure I have my log set up correctly to make sure I am hitting my macros.

Thanks in advance for the advice! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• karivarner
    Options
    For weight loss I try to keep mine at 70/20/10. When I hit a platue I go for 85% to 90% for 5 days, then back to the 70/20/10 for 2 days & alternate it until I break through. I also keep my cals at about 1800 or less. But that is what works best for me. If I drop down below 70% I seem to stall out.

I would suggest doing some reading up on the keto lifestyle. It will help you figure out your best plan for you.
  • lisamarie2181
    lisamarie2181 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    thank you for the input!

I am going to look into keto more, like I said, I wasn't really looking to follow it, but just from what I have seen around here seems similar to what I am doing.

I am trying not to be too restrictive when it comes to veggies, have eliminated the fruit for now and obviously the starchy carbs like grains and such.

Still trying to hit the fat and protein, still a bit lower than where I should be!
  • vegaspfmf
    vegaspfmf Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    All the keto info you need is here
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61