Best Sports Bras for Large Breasts

Options
I know some won't think of this as a real problem, but I have large breasts and need to find the best sports bra out there. I've done a little research and currently use Enell sports bras which do ok for the type of workouts I currently do; however, at some point I would like to feel like I can actually run long distance without knocking myself out. :tongue: I've ordered several others, but they never seem to be right.

What have some of you other ladies with larger breasts (and I'm talking DD and above which mine are larger, but I'm not gonna spell it out for everyone on here) used and works well while running? Thanks in advance.

Replies

• ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I'm in the DDD/EE category - are you sizing correctly? I size down and it seems to help - creates "pancake boob" as we call it in my house, but I don't really care if I have shape if I'm running. I just buy the regular Champion sportsbras from Target and they work well (but don't work at all if they're too big). I've also doubled up when I'm doing a long run, which seems to help.
  • wheezeybouncer
    wheezeybouncer Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    From one busty girl to another. I'm loving my shock absorber (38H) it keeps the girls firmly strapped down- and not too bad a uni-boob look either (in other words, you can see 2 seperate bumps LOL) I need to get a new one. This one is being put through its paces iwth daily use!
  • TheWiseCat
    TheWiseCat Posts: 297
    Options
    My hands.
    They hold everything firmly in place regardless of movement or speed, are flexible and whisk moisture away for a cooling effect.

On a serious note, a friend of mine who is very well endowed swears by wearing two sports bras. One over top of the other. She says it makes a world of difference.
  • sunshine92
    sunshine92 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I am a 36DDD (thanks to nursing :/), and I wear Victoria's Secret sports bras in a 38DD. Absolutely amazing! I don't even want to think about how much money I spent trying to find one that was supportive enough.
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    check our Bare Necessities.com. I still like one with an underwire because I don't like the uni boob look. If there is a Intimacy store in your area, I highly recommend going in for a fitting.
  • climbamnt
    climbamnt Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    DD here, the the ones from Target are nice, and I get size that is a little small. Horrible uni-boob but hey no black eyes!
  • Candaroo
    Candaroo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm currently at 32DDD and I have yet to find a good sprts bra that works well when I am running/working out. I just use my regular bras and tighten the straps up a little higher than normal and that seems to work well for me. My boobs don't really move a whole lot (at least not annoyingly so) when I do this. I know other people that just put a sports bra over their regular bra too for the extra support, but I haven't needed to do that. The only downfall to my way is if I do any type of exercise that requires bending down (like a down dog positio) my boobs fall out of my bra, but I just pop em back in and keep going! :-) Hope that helps!
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    My hands.
    They hold everything firmly in place regardless of movement or speed, are flexible and whisk moisture away for a cooling effect.

On a serious note, a friend of mine who is very well endowed swears by wearing two sports bras. One over top of the other. She says it makes a world of difference.

I would expect nothing less from you. 2nd offer in 2 minutes. :heart:
  • JessieJanie
    JessieJanie Posts: 428
    Options
    I'm a 36DD, and I've found that the ones I like best are a size smaller than I would normally wear. Less bounce that way.
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Check out TitleNine.com. They offer a wide variety of sports bras that are rated for the amount of support they give.
  • jsray0210
    Options
    Check runnersworld.com - they use to have a link for sports bra for larger sizes. Also your local running store for have one or two for you to get an idea of style and fit and then you can order online. Just a warning as with regular bras ... well crafted sports can carry a heavy price tag. I often "double bag" with my champion sports. bra to give me better support. :laugh:

I am a DD as well.

Hope that helps.
  • aszwarc
    aszwarc Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I just got a Panache. It's amazing. http://www.herroom.com/panache-5021-full-busted-underwire-sports-bra.shtml
    I got it in a 38G, and the cups are a little big, if anything. But it definitely keeps things from bouncing around, and is a 2-boob look, not uniboob.
  • HappyElizabeth
    HappyElizabeth Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I have an impossible time finding sports bras that are supportive and don't give me "uniboob." I run and do Muay Thai, kickboxing, and krav maga, which are all very bouncy sports! The only 2 bras that I have had success with are the bali bra that they did with champion (not sure what it's called exactly), and the shock absorber brand (you must size up!!). I have tried everything, even paying like $80 per bra, I would pay anything for a good sportsbra for a big bust. Those are the only 2 that I've liked, even though they're no perfect, they've been really good for me.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I'm a dd and can't find a good one that supports me,without being soo tight.
  • Rachel1564
    Rachel1564 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Titlenine.com is a great website to purchase bras from
  • GemmaM_x
    GemmaM_x Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I'm a 34D and swear by my USA Pro sports bra. I also wear a normal padded bra under it which I find helps them stay firmly in place no match how much I run and jump :-)
  • StrongerJess
    StrongerJess Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I love Enell, but it makes you feel a bit limited in movement for sure.
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I used to to the double bra thing...it's not great for your ladies, especially if you are breast feeding. Panache and chantal are great brands for large chests. By large, I mean the E's, F's, G's, etc... You can actually find them in a normal band size (Im a 36G) instead of not finding a big enough cup or only finding huge band sizes.
  • iiiEllie
    iiiEllie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Same problem here, 36DDD, everything just squishes and gives me uniboob, the one sports bra I have that is remotely comfortable doesn't do anything, feel like I'm going to end up knocking myself out doing the 30DS with that one on.
  • GellisIndigo
    GellisIndigo Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I never thought I would ever say this, but Lane Bryant (Cacique) has just come out with some new sports bras that are actually quite good. They are comfortable, and hold things nicely. I typically wear a 40 E, but in the Cacique sports bra I wear a 38 DDD, so size down accordingly, or go to a store and try them on.
    http://cacique.lanebryant.com/plus-size-balconette-sports-bras-lingerie/sport/15023c15041/index.cat