Hello every one I am new...Help..please

I am new here any help would be really appreciated.

I am 62 years old and I dont exercise.......The problem is I dont see me fat, but I am obese
pics was taken in Miami , March 26 2013

PS: I need to lose 45 pounds

175 - 45= 130

Replies

• Sieden76
    Sieden76 Posts: 127 Member
    I have to say that I don't think you look too bad for 62 so you have that going for you :)

The charts saying that you are technically obese can really put a damper on your day and make you feel bad but don't let it. Many people are far worse than you are.

I'm doing P90X and I love it. I don't know if you have picked some kind of program like that or not but that's what keeps me going.

I'm gonna add you for support too.
  • JenniCali1000
    JenniCali1000 Posts: 646 Member
    Hi there! From your picture, I have to agree with the pp. You really do look younger than your age! As for exercise, what do you enjoy doing? Have you ever participated in any activities or sports? I always find that doing what I love (when it comes to exercise and I guess life in general) plays a big role in whether or not I succeed. For example, I love the outdoors, so exercising outside is fun for me, while being stuck in the gym is not so fun ;)
  • lesleyann51
    lesleyann51 Posts: 26 Member
    Hello u look fab for it age! I checked out my local gym and found they had all sorts of classes low impact. I was nervous about going but found out everyone was the same shape as me! I do pilates and it is more strengthening no weight loss but u look leaner. Please add me if u want a friend
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Shoot! If that's how you look at 62 I'll take that body NOW! Lol
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    I think you look great! Definitely younger-looking than 62. Don't pay attention to the charts. If you want to lose some pounds or tone up, make it for your own reasons.

I'm going to be 50 in less than two years. I'm chunky but not obese, but I decided to get into a regular exercise habit to tone up and get healthier. My parents both died of heart attacks in their mid-50s, and my brother (10 years old than me) had a massive stroke, so for me it's all about taking as much control of my health as I can. If you have personal reasons and motivation, that's the best reason to be here.

Feel free to friend me for mutual support on the journey.
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Welcome and best of luck! I am 59 and need to lose 42 pounds. Walking is good exercise if you're the type who doesn't normally exercise much. You can walk at your own pace, fast or slow.
  • kliermann
    kliermann Posts: 514
    well like she said you dont look far off the air force said i was morbidly obese when i was 190 with a 34 inch waist so i wouldnt listen to anything saying your obese they are strictly opinionated
    I am new here any help would be really appreciated.

I am 62 years old and I dont exercise.......The problem is I dont see me fat, but I am obese
    pics was taken in Miami , March 26 2013

PS: I need to lose 45 pounds

175 - 45= 130
  • marysowter
    marysowter Posts: 121 Member
    Hello you look lovely,welcome to mfp. I am 57yrs and I have been doing healthy eating with mfp for 2weeks I have lost 7ib.I hope you do well and enjoy.If you would like a friend for support you are welcome to add me.Good luck x