Peanut butter addictions

Options

Replies

• wannabe
    wannabe Posts: 29
    Options
    HAHAHAHA..."If your body is craving something, your body needs something thats in it"....dont know if i believe THAT one. I crave a hot fudge brownie sundea with mint chocolate chip ice cream and a 1/3 lb bacon cheeseburger from braums....okie...whch is probably 3k cals....but no i am serially addicted to pb as well. i eat it almost every day. and it has so many freakin cals that it pisses me off how addicted to it i am. i could put away a small jar in two or three days if i let myself.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHA..."If your body is craving something, your body needs something thats in it"....dont know if i believe THAT one.
    I've heard if you are craving a certain food, than you have some sort of deficiency. ie. If you crave sugar, it's a signifier of a deficiency (like a vitamin or mineral), not that you are deficient in sugar!!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Popcorn and peanut butter are my favorite vegetables. And, I have always believed that lack of peanut butter in the diet makes you grouchy. I have lost 76 pounds, and I eat peanut butter every day. I just figure it in my calories. I had to wipe the peanut butter off of my fingers before typing this. (Tonight it was Peanut Butter & Co Cinnamon Raisin Swirl.)
  • laurenpence
    laurenpence Posts: 147
    Options
    Peanut butter is a healthy fat and high in protein since it comes from a nut but it is high in calories. I absolutely love peanut butter! I have to limit it though since it isn't very filling and so high in calories. I either have a peanut butter and banana sandwich for lunch or as a desert I eat it with sliced green apples but I always measure out one serving which is two table spoons.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is a healthy fat and high in protein since it comes from a nut but it is high in calories.
    I hope you mean organic, cause Skippy is full of pesticides. :noway:
  • Sprinkles77
    Options
    Thanks, I'll check into to that. I would love to be able to have the flavor again.
  • Bee28
    Bee28 Posts: 99
    Options
    Does anyone know if they sell PB2 at regular grocery stores?? I've never seen it. (i live in upstate NY)
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if they sell PB2 at regular grocery stores?? I've never seen it. (i live in upstate NY)

There are some stores that stock PB2, but not regular grocery stores. You can check the Bell Plantation website to see where it's carried. That said, there's a company (www.netrition.com) in upstate NY that sells the product. They'd ship it to you, but shipping would be faster and cheaper than from Bell Plantation.
  • karissastephens
    karissastephens Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    bump for lata
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    here i have found pb2 at a local health food store. checking the store search on the bell plantation site would be your best bet.
    to me it tastes like it has been made out of roasted peanuts. so you will find the flavor a little different. i happen to like it, but have heard some folks who aren't as crazy about it.

for me it is an acceptable trade to get some peanut butter without sacrificing too many calories.
  • perrim
    perrim Posts: 117
    Options
    I eat organic peanut butter (or almond butter) almost every night for dinner with a sprouted wheat tortilla and I've lost about 45 pounds in a little over 5 months (I'm a creature of habit, can't help it!). So, I would say that as long as you control how much you eat and you don't go over your calories with it, you're fine.

Like others that have posted, I would stick with the organic. Non-organic peanuts supposedly are filled with pesticides. Almond butter is arguably healthier than peanut butter, but it's also far more expensive. I also pour off much of the oil before I mix it up, so I feel like it's not as bad! And I switched to creamy vs. crunchy because I feel like I can spread it thinner, get the same effect and end up eating less.
  • sw3pac
    sw3pac Posts: 1
    Options
    I was eating PB every day and started getting hives, so I switched to Cashew Butter, Its so good , I eat it with Greek Yogurt almost every day, just one TBS though.
  • AtomicLemon
    AtomicLemon Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    The PB2 is amazing and delicious, I got 8 jars. My husband even loves it.
    here is the link:

http://www.bellplantation.com/
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    nothing wrong with that. :) I have a pb&j sandwich almost every day for lunch and eat out of the jar as well sometimes. I love when I use all of a jar and there isn't enough to make much with. I just get a spoon and clean out the jar then. :P
  • callie365
    callie365 Posts: 689
    Options
    Bump :smile:
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHA..."If your body is craving something, your body needs something thats in it"....dont know if i believe THAT one.
    I've heard if you are craving a certain food, than you have some sort of deficiency. ie. If you crave sugar, it's a signifier of a deficiency (like a vitamin or mineral), not that you are deficient in sugar!!

It's actualy true (nursing student - lol). With that said, when you are craving junk, it means you are craving sugar - sugar is addictive (quite literally), and when your blood glucose levels drop further than normal, you crave like someone who craves heroine. If you're craving hambugers though, it's likely iron that you need.

PB - oh hells yeah!:blushing:
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    My favorite- Spoonfull of PB dipped in chocolate chips. mmmm
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    My favorite- Spoonfull of PB dipped in chocolate chips. mmmm

I could live off of that alone! :laugh:
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    I can literally sit down and eat pb by the spoonfuls....people I work with think its disgusting but I love it

I have been hearing lots about this PB2 stuff and I guess its finally time to go get some.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is a healthy fat. It's best to choose natural peanut butters. The other stuff often has a ton of sugar and some have trans fats or HFCS.

If you're in your calorie goal and you're meeting your nutritional needs, I say go for it. But make sure you're getting whole grains, calcium, fruits and vegetables in there, too!

Strangely, I find I have my best losses when I eat more peanut butter in a week. I don't usually have more than 2 or 3 tablespoons in a day, though -- and not every day.