1/2 pound a week weight loss

Options
98777 Posts: 108 Member
Hey guys,

I am on a 500 calorie daily deficit in order to lose weight at a rate of a pound a week. I was just wondering, has anyone lost weight at a rate of a half a pound? How is that? I know it would be quite slow, but all the weight still comes off eventually right? I was just wondering because sometimes I struggle and I think I eat some extra calories, probably putting me at the half a pound a week deficit. If I keep messing up, will I still lose weight, just more slowly? Thanks.

Replies

• sarahsamuels82
    sarahsamuels82 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Have you looked at your nutrition macros, I.e looking at your carbs, proteins and fats? I found that I had stopped losing weight despite running on a 500 deficit and turns out I was eating too many carbs :)
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    This isn't a race. You'll lose just fine. I have been losing a lb per month because I usually eat more than I'm supposed to. The best thing about losing at a slower rate is you have a better chance of it sticking. You have more time to learn and apply new strategies.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Yes, 1/2 pound a week will be slower, but still healthy! You may as well switch it if you find yourself eating that many calories, anyway.