Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

1 mile NSV

I'm very excited, I just managed to run my first full mile without stopping to take a breather or keeling over when I was done! I have never been able to do this, even when I was at my smallest weight a few years ago. :bigsmile:

Replies

• Well done! did you time it? I got excited when I ran for 10 minutes without stopping and I hit 11 minutes for a mile! I am not a runner :D
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Congratulations! That is awesome. Keep up the hard work.
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Congrats!! That is an awesome achievement!! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    HUGE!! Now just keep on doing that! Add more when you can. That's it! You're a runner!! :D
  • foxyninja398
    foxyninja398 Posts: 38 Member
    I did time it and I am still very slow. It took me 14 minutes, but I think I'll work on my endurance more before I worry about faster times. And after a quick minute walk I was able to keep going running again!
  • Good for you! :)
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    That's fantastic! Way to go!
  • degan2011
    degan2011 Posts: 316 Member
    Nice!!! I remember that feeling! you will be running several miles in no time! :) and feeling great! Well done! :drinker:
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Congratulations!!! That is no small feat and a true inspiration KUDOS! :drinker:
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    that is a massive achievement..you will never ever forget your first complete mile. you deserve to feel awesome!
  • Congratulations!!!! The first mile is the hardest! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!