Boston Marathon

Options
Unbelievable. Go ahead & talk about your belly flab and shin splints while some of our members are possibly in mortal danger. I've never been more disgusted.

They may be, but this is not the place. This is Fitness and Exercise, not Explosions and Mortal Danger

Um, you've been a member for like 20 minutes. You have no business telling a grief stricken community what they should and shouldn't do, Go away if you dont like it. You seem to be a little more than obsessed with this for someone who doesn't want to read about it.

Replies

• Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Yeah if you would like to discuss something about RUNNING in a marathon or TRAINING for a marathon, etc you've come to the right place.

If you've come to discuss the EXPLOSIONS, or how you are doing something for people who are hurt, go somewhere else.

I don't understand the hostility or lack of compassion. If it doesn't interest you, then you are not required to participate in the conversation. This is a major event for runners, so I can see how it may affect members of a fitness web site. In fact, it's sad for EVERYONE because these are other human beings that were hurt or killed. So sad.

Ever heard of the phrase "there is a time and a place for everything"?

This is fitness and exercise, this is not the place.
    I strongly disagree since this is also a place for support and likely some or possibly a lot of our members were at that race.
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    Yeah if you would like to discuss something about RUNNING in a marathon or TRAINING for a marathon, etc you've come to the right place.

If you've come to discuss the EXPLOSIONS, or how you are doing something for people who are hurt, go somewhere else.

I don't understand the hostility or lack of compassion. If it doesn't interest you, then you are not required to participate in the conversation. This is a major event for runners, so I can see how it may affect members of a fitness web site. In fact, it's sad for EVERYONE because these are other human beings that were hurt or killed. So sad.

Ever heard of the phrase "there is a time and a place for everything"?

This is fitness and exercise, this is not the place.

You may be right that this wasn't the right board. But it's here now and people want to talk this out. Why can't you just step back now and let them do it? Is this really ruining your life? Are you doing this in every one of the BM threads?
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Unbelievable. Go ahead & talk about your belly flab and shin splints while some of our members are possibly in mortal danger. I've never been more disgusted.

They may be, but this is not the place. This is Fitness and Exercise, not Explosions and Mortal Danger

Um, you've been a member for like 20 minutes. You have no business telling a grief stricken community what they should and shouldn't do, Go away if you dont like it. You seem to be a little more than obsessed with this for someone who doesn't want to read about it.
  • dd270
    dd270 Posts: 6
    Options
    Praying for the victims, the families and the first responders who risk their lives to help others.
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Speaking of belly flab ....who thinks it was a fat person? At first I thought it was an angry fatty but then when I learned the stragglers were targeted I thought a really health nut that thinks they didnt work as hard and deserved to die. I am going to def work harder now. Before I was worried for health reasons not I have to worry for ppl reasons :sad: :brokenheart: Never going outside again
    http://thisisthinprivilege.tumblr.com/ probably one of these "fat activists". theyre filled with hatred

OMG lol ........:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: