Mac & Cheese Low Cal Recipe/ Quinoa Help

Options
joannanm
joannanm Posts: 13
Does anyone have a low cal recipe for Mac & Cheese?
Also, I bought 'ready to eat' quinoa and was wondering what people use to give it more flavor..

Replies

• keepitcroosh
    keepitcroosh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I dont have a loc cal recipe for Mac n Cheese, buuut im obsessed with this quinoa salad. Make quinoa , let it cool completely. Chop up some fresh cilantro, LOTS of fresh spinach, 1 can ( or fresh) of corn niblets, crumbled feta cheese, onion chives, olive oil, red wine vinegar ( I also add white vinegar but that's personal preference, If you want to try just make a small dish of it on the side,. ), cumin, salt and pepper. I don't have exact measurements, I just do it as I go. The most important thing is to let it sit in the fridge for at least one hour or so. You gotta let the flavors blend together!! You can find similar recipes online for proper measurements.
  • GetFitRetta
    GetFitRetta Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I LOVE mac & cheese... swap out all the high-fat/cal stuff with low-fat call stuff. I like smoked gouda in mine and low fat cheddar. You can also try swapping out the pasta; multigrain or whole wheat...and of course milk (cow's) can be switched out for something like almond milk (personal preference). I google substitutions, and often enough I find great ideas on Pinterest. Don't forget to sneak in some veggies... what ever your hear desires.. I'm a big kale fan, even baby spinach yum!