Foamy Protein Shakes

Options
So, I am excited and love my new double chocolate whey protein by Optimum Nutrition. However, when I add it with other things in the blender, it gets soooo foamy that I can't drink it. I am not sure if it is the ice that I am adding or what...??...I wanted to add it tonite with 1 cup almond milk, a banana and some PB2 with a little ice but it takes forever for the foam to go down and I like to drink it when I first make it right after having a workout..Could I have the blender up to high..or what could it be?

Replies

• jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I use that one too. I never put ice in it, still gets kinda foamy. Could always pour it in a cup and drink with a straw (thats what I do).
  • tracieangeletti
    tracieangeletti Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Try adding a couple ounces of plain water as well as the almond milk. It helped with my protein shakes.
  • AbbyPDX
    AbbyPDX Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Instead of ice, freeze your bananas or other fruit and they will act like ice without adding the foam.
  • sarglava
    sarglava Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    This happened to me. Its from putting the ingredients in the wrong way. Sounds silly.. but it's caused from over mixing the shake and incorporating too much air. Lighter things like protein powder, flax seed, chia, spinach, etc need to go on the bottom. Heavier things like frozen fruit and ice go on top. If you wet whatever powders you're using first like with juice or milk it should blend easier.
  • sarglava
    sarglava Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    This happened to me. Its from putting the ingredients in the wrong way. Sounds silly.. but it's caused from over mixing the shake and incorporating too much air. Lighter things like protein powder, flax seed, chia, spinach, etc need to go on the bottom. Heavier things like frozen fruit and ice go on top. If you wet whatever powders you're using first like with juice or milk it should blend easier.
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    It's likely the ice when I use greek froyo in my shake it gets foamy.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    So, I am excited and love my new double chocolate whey protein by Optimum Nutrition. However, when I add it with other things in the blender, it gets soooo foamy that I can't drink it. I am not sure if it is the ice that I am adding or what...??...I wanted to add it tonite with 1 cup almond milk, a banana and some PB2 with a little ice but it takes forever for the foam to go down and I like to drink it when I first make it right after having a workout..Could I have the blender up to high..or what could it be?

I had the same problem and always added banana to my shakes - but then I made one with water and no banana and Voila! No foamy mess. Just my experience...