Hello :) Need advise on adding weight lifting

Options
Looking for more friends, and anyone who can give me advice on how to incorporate weight training at home, I eventually want to join a gym but its not in the budget at the moment. I have been on mvp for eight days and have been doing strenuous hiking and brisk walking almost daily. I am already seeing changes to my body, but I have been hearing that I should also weight lift as well. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Replies

• assblaster69
    assblaster69 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Scooby1961 in youtube has a lot of good exercises you can do at home. Many require a pullup bar and dumbbells

He's a great guy all around and knows a lot. I love him with all my heart
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I use iBootcamp and Nike Training apps while working out at home sometimes. I have adjustable Dumbbells that go up to 20#. My advice is that you should be pushing yourself enough to be sore but not in pain, your body should know the difference. A common theory with lifting is when you're lifting your lightest weights you should do 15 reps, medium weights 10 reps, and heaviest weights 5 reps. Try to increase weights when it becomes too EASY! (Originally I typed difficult *face palm*) Make sure you have enough protein in your diet which will help with muscle repair and make sure you're drinking enough water as your muscles will hold water while repairing themselves. I do an hour long full body strength training class twice per week and try to lift heavy one day per week. Good luck! Strength training makes all the difference!!

(P.S. I know what you mean about the gym expense, I've only been a member since December and we've found we don't even miss the $19.95/month actually)
  • jemrie
    jemrie Posts: 25
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! I will look into those apps and buying some adjustable dumbbells.