TRX/HITT - Am I too weak?

Options
So I signed up for a small gym super close to my house that specializes in TRX/HITT type classes. It's super close and convenient and the first class or 2 was great, but even after taking a couple days off I am still sore and I feel weak and wussy. Am I too weak to actually do well in this class? I keep pushing myself, but I can barely do a push-up on good days. It's frustrating. I want to improve, but I feel like the fat slow girl (and I am not the fatest slowest girl in there).

How do I stay motivated?

Replies

• OgdenBT
    OgdenBT Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    TRX classes are AWESOME! I've been doing TRX for about 5 months, three times a week. I was relatively fit before, but I feel MUCH more stability/strength.. especially in my core. TRX can be SUPER difficult. Don't be discouraged that some moves/exercises are hard to do or complete. TRX should be more about doing the correct movement and form instead of trying to do as many as you can. Start small, go from there. Ask your trainer for a modified version of whatever exercise you are struggling with in the TRX circuit. For me, a big part of the reason I enjoy TRX is that it is a small class, with the same people every time. Getting to know the people you are working out with helps keep each other motivated! (in my opinion...)

Don't get down on yourself. Everybody has struggles. :)
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    TRX classes are AWESOME! I've been doing TRX for about 5 months, three times a week. I was relatively fit before, but I feel MUCH more stability/strength.. especially in my core. TRX can be SUPER difficult. Don't be discouraged that some moves/exercises are hard to do or complete. TRX should be more about doing the correct movement and form instead of trying to do as many as you can. Start small, go from there. Ask your trainer for a modified version of whatever exercise you are struggling with in the TRX circuit. For me, a big part of the reason I enjoy TRX is that it is a small class, with the same people every time. Getting to know the people you are working out with helps keep each other motivated! (in my opinion...)

Don't get down on yourself. Everybody has struggles. :)

Agree!
    I LOVE TRX. The beauty of these is that you can scale them and improve everytime.