I dont understand why im always so tired...

Options
i sleep a lot... i dont know why... for example last night i went to bed at 12 and woke up at 12... isnt that ridiculous... and if i were to stop moving around right now i could take a nap... am i lacking something? i eat right ive been working out i dont get it...

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    i eat right

How do you know? You don't appear to log your food..
  • aepdx
    aepdx Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Could be lack of iron. Get your blood drawn and/or take a ferrous sulphate tablet ($2 at the pharmacy) and see if that helps. Even if you are getting enough iron, it doesn’t mean that your body is absorbing it properly. You need to eat iron-rich foods in conjunction with vitamin c. You should look it up. Ever since I found out I had iron-deficiency anemia and started taking the supplements, I am much more awake!
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating total?

Have you had blood work done lately to see if you have a defiancy in a vitmain or mineral? If my B vitamins are too low it happens to me... same with iron and if I don't conume enough total calories.
  • johnknappcc
    Options
    Not sure about your situation, but since I started I've been in a pattern. It seems like my metabolism increases a bit and then I have to up my calories. So, I go into starvation mode or something, then plateau, then up my calories. My energy levels, and weight loss increase following that.

One other thing, I eat a low carb diet, usually less than 30 percent of my calories come from carbs. Some days I've found I just need more, not much rhyme or reason, but if I'm getting tired at work or something I have granola bars or fruit on hand, picks me back up.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    You're sleeping too much..
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    i eat right

And when she does log, the goal is only 1200 calories.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    If you sit around a lot, you'll be tired a lot. If you get good solid cardio (heart rate over 120), in a few months when you build up an aerobic base, you'll need less sleep. If you are just walking and lifting weights, it's doubtful. Not saying those are bad, but trying to answer your question. And if you are depressed, that could be a huge factor. I would try running, swimming or biking for as long as you can go 3 times a week..
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    i eat right

:love: LOVE LOVE LOVE your shirt!:love:
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I think you need a checkup with your doctor. Could be anaemia or low iron stores, you could have an underactive thyroid, early pregnancy always made me wiped out.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Well today you ate 900 calories if that's been long term that won't have done you much good
  • hayleyclare34
    hayleyclare34 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You're sleeping too much..

The more you sleep, the more you want to sleep. Also agree with seeing your doctor about blood work.
  • amandammmq
    amandammmq Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    On the days you log, it looks like you're eating 800-900 calories. This could be a potential problem.

Other common causes for sleepiness are thyroid issues, vitamin/ iron deficiency, depression, or a sleep disorder. If this has been going on for a while, I would get to a doctor right away.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Without knowing anything else, I would guess you (like many others on MFP) are not eating enough. Please figure your BMR and TDEE and eat from that number.

If you are already doing that, then I would see a doctor for bloodwork.
  • bakemma
    bakemma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    IT could have nothing to do with food and could be some kind of thyroid, insulin, or endorphin problem. I would go to a doctor and get some lab tests done. ( Also excess sleep makes you more tired. ) In one word, DOCTOR!
  • eboyas
    eboyas Posts: 11
    Options
    I felt tired after a supposed 9-12 hours of sleep, and then I started wearing my bodymedia fit to bed. It showed me that my sleep is very sporadic, and I was really only logging about 5:30-6:30 hours of sleep a night.
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Your body is using that whopping 900 calories for the day to make sure your organs dont shut down and you die. There is nothing left over for you to have any energy to do anything else. Eat more food
  • hdlb
    hdlb Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    You're probably tired because you eat almost nothing (assuming the days that are logged are accurate). Your body needs more then 900 calories worth of rice and salmon. Try eating more and see if you gain some energy back.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    First off, you can eat right and not log your food here. I log mine in notebook. Have you checked into your iron levels or vitamin D levels? I had a vitamin D deficiency and I was a useless shell of my former self until I got it resolved. You need 10-15 minutes of UNPROTECTED sun exposure each day. Try this and see how you feel. It takes about two days for the first round of vitamin D you get from the sun to be available for your body to use. You should feel better within 2 weeks of getting daily sun. If you can't get sun every day, you will need to get food with vitamin D such as milk, cheese, yogurt, cottage cheese, kefir, eggs and tuna.
  • hurleycutie142
    hurleycutie142 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    it has nothing to do with what i eat... i only log in half of my stuff sometimes... and most days i dont log in at all... i am eating around 1600 so it has nothing to do with what i eat... i think it might be my thyroid or iron... im going to start taking supplements and see if it has to do with that
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    it has nothing to do with what i eat... i only log in half of my stuff sometimes... and most days i dont log in at all... i am eating around 1600 so it has nothing to do with what i eat... i think it might be my thyroid or iron... im going to start taking supplements and see if it has to do with that

Before you start taking supplements it's a good idea to go to your Doctor and get your blood work done because;

a) You'll be wasting money by taking things that you don't need
    b) It could be any number of things so how will you know what to take
    c) Things like iron can build up in your system and cause just as many problems as being defficient.