Hurt ankle

Options
I've been doing the 30DS and about 8 days in, I hurt my ankle. I can only get about halfway through each cardio movement. My boyfriend told me to just do extra crunches, but he doesn't know what he's talking about. Should I work through the pain or stay off and modify all the jumping?

Replies

• pirate6323
    pirate6323 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Rest it, ice it and keep it elevated as much as you can for the first 24 hours. If you feel well enough do flutter kicks, and other core exercises that do not put stress on you ankle. Planks with injured ankle on. Top of the other ankle. Pushing to hard may cause a longer recovery time and slow your progress. Good luck.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    If you're hurt, you should let it heal. If you're just sore, I'd work through it.
  • chantelp89
    chantelp89 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    It just feels bruised. Would it help to wrap it while I do the workout?
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    How did you hurt it? Have you iced it, elevated it, or rested it at all? If it's an honest sprain and not just sore, rest rest rest. If you rest and let it heal, you can get back into the swing of things. If you 'play through the pain' as it were, you could either damage it more or it will take a lot longer to heal completely. Or both. I hope that you feel better soon and that it's just a bit sore rather than being sprained :)
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Been deling with an ankle issue now for 4+ months.

I rely on "RICE" Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation, and skip the treadmill in favor of low-impact exercises like the stationary bike and eliptical.