Best Sports Bras for Large Breasts

Options

Replies

• LizHR
    LizHR Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Elomi Energise? Goes up to a J cup (UK). I use Shock Absorber High Exertion - Style N109 also called Classic support or Active D+ on various websites. It goes up to a HH (cup UK) or 'L' in US sizes. It has a really thick padded bit to cover the 3 hook fastener & unlike some of the bigger size bras is easy to do up and get in/out of.

The most important thing is to measure yourself under the bust & around your back and go for the right back width. Don't be tempted to go up a size - even if it feels too tight - as that is where most of the support comes from in a bra not just the cup size. You can always use an extender for a while as all bras 'give' a bit after a few wears and washes. Also remember you will lose weight and bras will end up too big - I am just about to buy new ones as all mine are now too loose!

I believe in not skimping on a good bra (though I do shop around for a good deal) and replacing them regularly as they wear out, as once you damage those tissues and supporting muscles the only way is down!
  • tazminacat
    Options
    I bought mine online at LaneBryant. It's Cacique. And they are HEAVENLY!! I bounce a little, but not enough to get the black eyes, and the nice wide back and straps take all the pain off my shoulders. Oh, I would not be able to do what I do without these sports bras. And I don't have too bad of the uni-boob, until I put my workout tank on over it, then.... ew but I'm working out, not trying to impress so it works for me. Although expensive, I got them on BOGO, and they were very much worth it. Might have to get two more just to wear for..... the heck of it. They are a godsend!
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    Thanks, great advice from everyone!
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Bump for shopping
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Well I read that wrong...I thought it said bar!
  • sarahkalt88
    sarahkalt88 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I use the Lululemon Tata tamer II, and the Under Armour sports bra for DD. They work pretty good for me!
  • spike90
    spike90 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Glamorise no bounce (I wear it was a sports tank with built in sports bra as well for a little extra support). I wore these before when I was a 42DDD and now that I am a 40DD. They are my favorite!!!

Want to add that they also fasten in the back like a regular bra so you don't have to try to get them off and over your head when you are all sweaty and sticky.

Also no unaboob with this bra :)
  • jdekost81
    jdekost81 Posts: 12
    Options
    I buy the cheap Hanes or whatever from Walmart and double up. I'm a DD and this works well for me!
  • whitneysin
    whitneysin Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU for starting this topic. I have had to wear TWO sports bras to properly strap 'em down!
  • whitneysin
    whitneysin Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Well I read that wrong...I thought it said bar!

Ha! :)
  • jenniferrusso7393
    jenniferrusso7393 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    One of my larger busted friends also said she wore 2 sports bras... She said it worked. :smile:
  • Bethbr00tality
    Bethbr00tality Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've heard the ta ta tamer two from lulu lemon is nice, but I can't speak from experience. =/
  • jlp100
    jlp100 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I swear by Shock Absorber bras (I'm a double DD) and there is no bounce and great support for your back etc. The elasticity lasts. They may be a little dearer than some brands but if you pay out for it you will have found the support you have been looking for and it will last you for years to come. I ordered one recently on the website http://www.boobydoo.co.uk/ where you can measure yourself correctly and free delivery if you spend over £50 (also accept Euro/American currency).

Hope you find the one :bigsmile:
  • allalreadytaken
    Options
    I am a 32F and the Panache Sports is undoubtedly the best sports bra I've ever had. I can actually run and jump for the first time since I got boobs!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    you didnt have any luck with enell? When I put mine on it straps those suckers down. Maybe try going down one size and get the heavy duty one.
  • michelle0989
    michelle0989 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I wear a Champion sports bra a size down (so it's very tight) with a tight built-in bra tanktop over it. My chest doss not budge. It's the only thing that works for me. Good luck on your search!
  • peachy_keen
    peachy_keen Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    ^bump^ (and hoping that my 40F-bombs become bit more manageable over time. lol!)
  • alychil820
    alychil820 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    tata tamer II - lululemom
    victory adjust x-back - nike
  • sandi117
    sandi117 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I personally have given up on trying to find a good sports bra for now, or at least till I'm closer to my goal weight and have less of a chance in changing sizes - I'm tired of getting something and it only fit for about a month at the most! I'm a 36DD and either the sports bra's (Champion, TekGear, Fila, etc.) don't help to prevent bounce, or they're super uncomfortable and feel way to constricting. However, those are just what I've tried from regular department stores like Kohls, JC Penny's, Target, etc. I'm sure if I shelled out and bought a good heavy duty bra, I'd probably have something different to say, but I just don't have the money to spend...

I've started wearing a regular bra (I have one designated just for gym use because of sweat stains) with a compression top layered on top. It seems to be the only thing to have helped with keeping my girls in place and doesn't make me terribly uncomfortable.
  • amanada11
    amanada11 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36DD, and run and play Ultimate Frisbee. I bought a Shock Absorber bra several years ago now and it's still going strong so even though it cost a LOT, it has been worth it. It does a great job holding everything in place too.

I will also add my voice of support to the Lululemon Ta Ta Tamer, although I prefer the Bounce Breaker which unfortunately they no longer make. The Tat Ta Tamer does this weird thing where your boobs look really ROUND. Kind of like you literally stuffed your shirt with canteloupes...