Is it possible with TDEE? Wedding in August!

Options
I have felt overwhelmed with weight loss information lately; very sad and lost. As we all know, there's SO MUCH out there. I've been struggling on deciding what is the best route for me--MFP's settings of calorie intake/output, Weight Watchers, low carb, paleo, Medifast, etc, etc. It's left me floundering and overeating like nobody's business. But I'm trying to give myself a new start and I believe I've decided on the TDEE- 20% method. I am getting married on August 17th of this year and would like to lose about 30-35 lbs by then, but I've heard that the TDEE method is slower when it comes to weight loss. If I am accountable and eat right and exercise while following this method do you think that a 30-35 lb weight loss goal is attainable? Or realistic? Here are my stats if it helps.

26 year old female
5'5"
173 lbs
Body Fat: 29% (119 lbs of lean mass)
TDEE: 2457 (-20%=1965 from fitnessfrog.com @ moderate activity level)

Thank you in advance for any advice or input!!! :smile:

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Sure. I lost my weight (26ish lbs) in about 3 months.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Given the stats I would say if you cut back nearly 500 calories a day you will lose about 18 lbs by that day. If you add 500 exercise calories a day in addition to that, you would lose about 36 lbs give or take a lb.
  • DulceDollie
    DulceDollie Posts: 115
    Options
    Given the stats I would say if you cut back nearly 500 calories a day you will lose about 18 lbs by that day. If you add 500 exercise calories a day in addition to that, you would lose about 36 lbs give or take a lb.

If I cut 500 cals from the 1956? Or from the 2457?
  • DulceDollie
    Options

That's good to hear, how did you lose your 26?
  • graphxgrl2
    Options
    Don't forget to subtract 3500 cals from your week total for each pound you want to lose that week. Just checking cause 1965 per day seems high for your height and weight for good weight loss. I'm 5'7" and would gain on that I think. I also like to add calorie cycling...just meaning take your total week and break the calories up unevenly (1200 one day, 1800 the next, 1400 the next, etc to add up to your week total). Keeps the metabolism hopping and prevents stalls. Best of Luck!
  • DulceDollie
    Options
    Don't forget to subtract 3500 cals from your week total for each pound you want to lose that week. Just checking cause 1965 per day seems high for your height and weight for good weight loss. I'm 5'7" and would gain on that I think. I also like to add calorie cycling...just meaning take your total week and break the calories up unevenly (1200 one day, 1800 the next, 1400 the next, etc to add up to your week total). Keeps the metabolism hopping and prevents stalls. Best of Luck!

Calorie cycling sounds interesting. Thank you!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

That's good to hear, how did you lose your 26?

By maintaining a caloric deficit and exercising consistently.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options

From the 2457. Then add an exercise that will burn around 500 calories a day. A lot of people here swear by Zumba and from what I can see it is an excellent work out (judging by You Tube videos) it looks like it will work as a cardio and I see lots of core muscle engagement. Hope this helps.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options

just make sure you have a small deficit, this is unnecessary. and LIFT girl! to keep your muscle!
    very hard to build up muscle in only 3 months but you can keep what you have.
  • BlairW_13
    BlairW_13 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I went from 150 to 120lb (I'm 5'5) in about 4 months prior to my wedding by strictly following Weight Watchers. I didn't exercise much (aside from doing sit-ups because I like those...) but still shed the weight. Snacking on veggies was huge help to me.
  • DulceDollie
    Options

From the 2457. Then add an exercise that will burn around 500 calories a day. A lot of people here swear by Zumba and from what I can see it is an excellent work out (judging by You Tube videos) it looks like it will work as a cardio and I see lots of core muscle engagement. Hope this helps.

I'll agree that Zumba is great! I will keep all of this in mind. Thank you!
  • DulceDollie
    Options

just make sure you have a small deficit, this is unnecessary. and LIFT girl! to keep your muscle!
    very hard to build up muscle in only 3 months but you can keep what you have.

I do LOVE to lift! :happy: Thank you for the advice!
  • DulceDollie
    Options
    I went from 150 to 120lb (I'm 5'5) in about 4 months prior to my wedding by strictly following Weight Watchers. I didn't exercise much (aside from doing sit-ups because I like those...) but still shed the weight. Snacking on veggies was huge help to me.

Aside from the weight, it sounds like we had/have similar situations! Snacking on veggies...I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!
  • Kylieikerd
    Options
    We have the same wedding date!! :) I'm also trying to lose about 20-25 pounds by then as well. I am on a plan as guided by my fitbit (step counter) to burn an additional 750 calories extra a day to lose 20 by July. So it will be tough there is NO doubt. I am 5'3 132 pounds and I on average eat 1300-1500 calories a day and work out quite a bit. I would suggest lots of cardio mixed with strength training. Feel free to add me so we can motivate each other until our big days!!