gaining weight after i wake up

Options
had a quick question today I woke up and after going to the bathroom I weighed myself and got a reading of 238.2
afterwords I tried going back to sleep (I woke up about 3 hours before i meant too) after about 30 minutes of trying I decided to just get up. I hoped back on the scale and got a reading of 239.2, is this normal? (I had yet to eat or drink anything between these two weigh in) If it is normal which one do I use?

Replies

• gponter79
    gponter79 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yes, take your scales with a pinch of salt. This morning before i got in the shower I weighed 226.4lb. After i got out of the shower and dried i weighed 228.6lb!! The general rule that people always tell you is not to weigh yourself all the time. Your body will naturally go up & down every day. I would suggest weighing once a week at the same time as you did first thing in the morning after the toilet and before breakfast etc.
  • Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I have absolutely no idea why you got two different weights. Did you move your scale or is it always in the same place? That would actually be the only explanation I could offer.
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    It might be your scale. I would consider the first one accurate, but would wait until tomorrow's weigh in to be sure. If you are not drinking enough water and/or consuming too much sodium, it can greatly effect your weight.
  • mjolly3
    mjolly3 Posts: 5
    Options
    I did not move my scale, and i try to always stand on it the same way every time