Scale messing with me!?

Hey all- quick question. Yesterday I stepped on the scale and weighed in at 139. Today I was feeling great, so I stepped back on. It said I weigh 135.... Is that even possible!? I haven't been doing anything crazy like exercising like mad or starving. I'm sticking as close to possible to my calorie goal of 1200, which is supposed to help me lose 1 1/2 lbs per week. It was that time of the month a few days ago, and I do retain water, but I still would've had to be burning a lot because before it started I was 140. Be honest with me.... is this possible!? I do have my official weigh-in for my family's biggest loser type competition, so I guess if their scale says the same thing we will know for sure.........................?

Replies

• dragonflyjill
    dragonflyjill Posts: 94 Member
    I often fluctuate that much, usually between evening and morning. You have probably lost a few pounds and also caught your body at a low water time. Still, must feel good!
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    I often fluctuate that much, usually between evening and morning. You have probably lost a few pounds and also caught your body at a low water time. Still, must feel good!

It does, but I am thinking I will wait and see what my husband's cousin's scale says before I log it! :D
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    What time did you weigh both days? If you weighed after you ate or drank throughout the day and then weighed the next mroning before doing anything but going to the bathroom, it is quite possible!! Water weight is usually the main reason. Were you wearing the same clothes? Sometimes clothing can have a bit more weight, depending on what you are wearing. Everyone's weight fluctuates quite a bit. I try and just stick to weighing in only one day a week, same time everytime so I can keep it more 'accurate'. Occassionally, I take a sneak peek in the middle of the week, but I don't think much of it and only log my Fridays weight.

Either way, congrats on you loss, and good luck on the rest of your journey!! Bru
  • CarlGleave
    CarlGleave Posts: 46 Member
    i never weigh myself at home, i always get weighed at the chemist on the professional machine, in the same shorts and t-shirt after my breakfast.

stops me getting gutted if i havent lose any weight from 1 day to the next try it

i also have my treat day after getting weighed that way i have all week to work off those treats
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    I can fluctuate that much depending what time of day I weigh myself. I also fluctuate depending on what time of the month it is. The week of my perioid I don't lose any weight and sometimes even gain a little. But then the couple days after it is over I drop three or four pounds.
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    I second the water/food weight thing. One glass of water can weigh as much as a half pound, so imagine how much the food and drink (and other fluids) weighs all together inside your body. I always weight right after I've gone to the bathroom!
  • sure it's possible but don't be disappointed when tomorrow or the next day your weight is up... I am scaled obsessed myself!!

I try not to stress over it thought I wait for each Thursday before I count it.
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    You mentioned it was your TOM. I retain between 4-6 pounds of water weight during my cycle. By Sunday of that week, it miraculously just 'goes away' and oftentimes with another pound that I'd burned off during the week. So yes, it is possible, especially if your body was retaining weight because of your period.
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Thanks everyone. I weighed myself at the same time both days, no clothes. I am waiting to see what the scale we are using for our competition says.... I will go off whatever it says. :) Thanks for all the responses- I was a little weirded out by the random weight loss, but this clears it up a bit :)