FitBit: Add Exercise on FitBit.com or MFP?

Options
What do you guys think? I use it every day to count step activities, but what about when I swim, or cycle or something? Do you guys enter that at FitBit.com, or MFP?

Just wondering...

-BootJockey
-250lbs

Replies

• Dulcemami4ever
    Dulcemami4ever Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I thought that if you sync your fitbit to MFP, that you shouldn't input any info on fitbit site? Or have i been doing it wrong....
  • Bootjockey
    Bootjockey Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I don't know, that's what I'm hoping someone can help me find out...

-BootJockey
    -250lbs
  • aszwarc
    aszwarc Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    If you enter exercise here (MFP) it will be pulled over to Fitbit. Enter all food and exercise here.
  • fayeonherway
    Options
    If you enter exercise here (MFP) it will be pulled over to Fitbit. Enter all food and exercise here.

This is what am doing. I enter the calories burned per my HRM on MFP. It syncs up nicely between the Fitbit and the websites.
  • donnaleighh
    donnaleighh Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hi, I had this same question last week and now have it resolved - the following post by Sly Sam on the FB community helped. Basically I now have my set up as follows and its working really well.

1. MFP activity set to sedentary
    2. Enable negative adjustments
    3. Enter activities on MFP.
    4. Make sure FB and MFP are on the same time zone and able to synch regularly.

It's working great for me now.

Here's the thread....

http://www.fitbit.com/forums/topic/4KTZ2J9SRNHCT
  • 04ward
    04ward Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I enter my food on the MFP site but I enter my exercise on the Fitbit site. I feel like the Fitbit site tracks more accurate on calories burned. Put in the time you worked out and it will figure at what level you were active (fairly, lightly, or very). I wear my Fitbit during my workout. The Fitbit adjustment is then synced to the MFP site.
  • Bootjockey
    Bootjockey Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    This is great, thank-you!

-BootJockey
    -250lbs