How about we stop fighting and just say a prayer?!

Options
Faintgreeneyes
Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
An 8 year old boy is one of the two victims of today's bombings in Boston. Instead of having a pissing contest about whose country or issues are worse- how about we take a moment to be silent and say a prayer for a life lost too soon from a senseless act of viloence. Yes it happens everyday all over the world- it is tragic that soo many young lives are lost. So for this moment say a prayer for whomever you want, but lets turn the hate on here into something positive. Lift each other up instead of tearing each other down.

Edited to say: prayer is the first thing I turn to because it's something that gives me peace and grounding in times of chaos and despair. It's something I can do in a moment when I feel powerless. I am not however saying that *you* have to believe or pray. I an merly saying that we should try and take positive steps instead of using hate towards each other. Use that negative energy and do something positive, whether it's donate blood, mail a get well card, or just tell someone that you love them. The world has too much hate already, lets combate it with some love and compassion instead?

Those of you who are saying " a strikes not worth it" are missing my point entirely.

Replies

• joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Completely agree Sarah
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Removed. Not really the appropriate venue for the original comment.
  • Hulk0511
    Hulk0511 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Amen
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    How about we actually do something productive, like donate our time and effort or give blood?

You can do that, too. OP's point was to do something positive.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Daffodil, you got that right. "Saying a prayer" accomplishes nothing. Seriously. Nothing.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    . Not worth the possible strike.
  • kimberly702
    kimberly702 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Amen to that.
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    The thought behind the post was comforting and kind. Say a prayer, donate time, money, blood. In other words be a part of the healing process for a horrible tragedy!
  • Einahhh
    Einahhh Posts: 139
    Options
    I'm not religious, but they will be in my thoughts. It's horrible that people are tearing each other down for dealing with this in their own way.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    The OP had the right idea. There's a lot of anger, hurt and sadness right now and it seems to me that arguing about how you a person is going to individually deal with that is silly. And even less constructive than saying you want to give prayers.

Donate prayers, money, blood, time. Whatever you can and feel you need to do. It's all good.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    The thought behind the post was comforting and kind. Say a prayer, donate time, money, blood. In other words be a part of the healing process for a horrible tragedy!

Well said. :flowerforyou:
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    I agree. Poor kid was only 8. He was probably so excited and happy to be there. Such a sad thing that this had to happen, especially to a child. RIP to both victims
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Good deeds come from good thoughts, so saying a prayer is the first step towards a helpful and generous act, and is well worthwhile, imo. I don't understand why people think prayer and action are exclusive of each other.

I'm not a religious person, but I recognize that there is value here.
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    bump. I agree. Good thoughts only <3
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options

Agreed. I am not a believer, but I take no offense to prayers being said.
  • julies90
    julies90 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. Thanks so much for this.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    word
  • Butterflyblue_
    Butterflyblue_ Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    . Not worth the possible strike.

honestly? *shakes my head*

@ OP agree with you completely Its sad people come in here to argue or make fun. Say a prayer, give your thoughts, donate, do whatever you feel is right