How can i avoid gaining weight while i drink?

Options
I'm on a pretty strict diet, but i still want to have fun in the weekends, i dont eat junk on the weekends, but i tend to drink alot of beer and whiskey, should i stop this?

Replies

• 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    If you dont want to do the exercise it takes to cover those calories............yes stop

and if you dont want to get arrested for under age drinking...............yes stop
  • dd270
    dd270 Posts: 6
    Options
    Yes. Stop.
  • eva512
    eva512 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    If you dont want to do the exercise it takes to cover those calories............yes stop

and if you dont want to get arrested for under age drinking...............yes stop

AGREED
  • legallysteph
    legallysteph Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    judgemental much?

if you drink, make sure to exercise to make up for the extra calories. simple.
  • agooddaytodiesoft
    Options

I live in Norway, the age limit for alcohol is 18..
  • under1star
    Options
    I was told a beer is equivalent to a fatty t bone steak. Ths is very very fat! If you really need to drink go for a diet coke vodka. This is stll not the greatest but better then a beer.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    If it fits in your macros, do it.

Beer can be pretty high calorie, especially good beer, so if you have a little trouble with moderation, stick to diet soda and whiskey.
  • ksizzle911
    ksizzle911 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Yes you should stop.....if you're serious about losing the weight. Alcohol will severely disable your metabolism. If you want to still enjoy a few, that's fine but binge drinking is not going to allow you to lose the weight. As much as it may pain you to do so, stick to light beer. And nowadays they have lower calorie vodka and other hard liquors. Bacardi is a good choice as it has no carbs in it.
  • MarioLozano16
    MarioLozano16 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Make it fit in your macros
  • BeautifulBrownBbyDoll
    Options
    Uhm Just Say No thanks!!
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Stop at one or two drinks, and exercise more on those days.
  • MicroHez
    MicroHez Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm on a pretty strict diet, but i still want to have fun in the weekends, i dont eat junk on the weekends, but i tend to drink alot of beer and whiskey, should i stop this?

Why not just make a drink last longer? Rather than throwing back 2-3 beers an hour, only drink one followed by a few glass of water. Fun shouldn't equate to getting $h!tfaced drunk. JS.

I still have a few drinks on the weekends and during the week (case in point, 2 glass of red wine with dinner and STILL finished under my goal for the day).
  • JayStu
    JayStu Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    If you like drinking whiskey and you don't want to completely cut it out, mix it with a diet soda to help save on the calories and sugar intake from it but the best thing you could do is prepare yourself for when you do drink by exercising and eatting properly before you do.
    If you are anything like me, the more weight you lose the less you will drink.
  • Proyecto_AN
    Proyecto_AN Posts: 387
    Options
    don't eat, just drink.
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Yes, you should stop at least while you are changing your lifestyle and losing weight. Alcohol is empty calories. If you have no problem giving up alcohol for a while when you diet, you don't have a problem. If you can't give it up, even for a few months, it MIGHT be a problem that you should address. If you just don't want to give it up because it makes social occasions easier for you, that MIGHT be a different problem that you should address.
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    If it fits in your cals then go for it. I tend to stick to dry wine or straight whisky or vodka though. I guess you could ruin a good drink with diet soda though and it wouldn't hurt.
  • spetermann190
    spetermann190 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Yes .... But I can't .... And Dont Wanna either .... I always weigh 5-6 lbs more after weekend of drinking ... But it disappears quickly :)
  • juliedor
    juliedor Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I just found that the calories in alcohol weren't worth it. It also weakens my resolve and then i'll eat more.I stick to sipping an occasional glass of red wine.You have to decide what is more important and at the moment for me it's losing weight.
  • moriaht
    moriaht Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Instead of beer and whiskey, switch to wine and vodka waters for less calories. Just keep track of how many you have and make sure you burn those calories in the next few days.
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    tequila is your friend.