31 lbs in two months!

Hi! So I'm not really sure how to post photos yet, and I kind of want to save them for when I've reached my goal weight. But here's my success so far:

Just a little background info- I'm 19, and I started MFP on Feb. 12th. I started at 222lbs. It was out of control. When I started college in 2011, I was 156 lbs. But a year and a half later, I had gained 66lbs! It was a combination of being able to eat whatever I wanted and also my clinical depression at work. My first year of college was very difficult for me, needless to say. I couldn't fit into any of my old clothes and it was depressing. So how did I cope? Why, with a big bowl of ice cream. No, make that THREE big bowls of ice cream. I wasn't eating right at all, in fact, I consumed about 4000 calories a day. My mom, girlfriend and sister urged me to start dieting, but I wouldn't budge. I felt horrible about myself, and didn't want to do anything to change it. I figured "Well, this is the way I'm supposed to be. If I'm fat, I'm fat. There's nothing I can do about it."

What finally had made me snap out of it was when I went shopping back in February for some new tshirts. I barely fit into a MEN'S extra large at my favourite store. That's when I knew I needed to change. After adjusting my diet and being active 5 days a week, I have gone from 222 to 191. And I feel amazing. I've dropped two pants sizes and three shirt sizes. Some of my old clothes fit me again. My stomach is a lot flatter, my asthma is under control and my eating habits have improved ten fold. I still have 21 lbs left to lose by June 21st, and I couldn't be more confident in myself.

The key is to believe in yourself. No gimmicks, no easy fixes. Just work hard and you will be amazed at what you can accomplish. Now I longer look at the clouds, but at the sunlight peeking through them. And I know if I keep believing in myself, the light will shine on until the end. [:

Replies

• nc805397
    nc805397 Posts: 223 Member
    Wow keep it up girl!!!!! :D
  • Good job! I know what it's like to feel in a spiral but you're on the right track now - keep it up!
  • ShannonKN
    ShannonKN Posts: 152 Member
    Great work! Keep it up!
  • MissE4410
    MissE4410 Posts: 173 Member
    I loved your post. You are great. Keep it up! For you!!
  • RagingThespian
    RagingThespian Posts: 21 Member
    Way to go!! Keep up the great work - truly inspiring! :-)
  • JannaJ02
    JannaJ02 Posts: 35 Member
    This is such an awesome post. You sound like you have a great head on your shoulders and are looking at this in all the right ways. Congratulations and good luck with the rest of your journey!
  • mmcqueen927
    mmcqueen927 Posts: 292 Member
    Great job!!! Keep moving forward, you can do it.
  • It's posts like this that make people that think they'll never reach their goals know that there is hope left! Great job! Grats on your success!! :D
  • Felicitykhan
    Felicitykhan Posts: 11 Member
    That's awesome! You are doing great! Thanks for posting and encouraging all of us who are just starting! Way to go! Can't wait to see your pics! :)
  • Keep up the awesome job! Amazing! :)
  • kjf1982
    kjf1982 Posts: 102 Member
    Fantastic! :)
  • Heather032190
    Heather032190 Posts: 138 Member
    Wow this is very inspiring! Thanks!
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Lucky you! To have figured this out so early in life. Good luck on your journey, you are doing great so far.
  • mamagirl49
    mamagirl49 Posts: 97 Member
    You go girl! Your post is a great read.
  • harls321
    harls321 Posts: 4
    Wow! Great job and keep up the good work! I enjoyed reading your post, it is very inspiring.
  • fly_butterfly
    fly_butterfly Posts: 35 Member
    Everyone has an "ah-ha" moment. Too bad is was while you were shopping. :ohwell:

Congrats on your efforts and keep on keeping on pretty girl! :flowerforyou:
  • earvizu92
    earvizu92 Posts: 320 Member
    Such a good feeling!!!!!!! Keep up the good work! :flowerforyou:
  • hottiewannabe
    hottiewannabe Posts: 92 Member
    This is an awesome post! Congratulations on your success! I understand where you're coming from. Being from the South makes it worse hearing, "Oh, it's just in your genes!" or "You're not fat, just big boned." People want you to not worry so much about it, but you should be! I'm so glad you are headed in the right direction. Keep up the good work and please share your secrets on how you lost it so fast : )
  • healyourself1st
    healyourself1st Posts: 2 Member
    Great job and great attitude!!
  • Critty44
    Critty44 Posts: 11 Member
    Congratulations!!! It must feel great to be happy with yourself!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!