Is it just me?

Options
Sometimes I feel like people tell me it looks like Im losing weight because they know I am trying to

Replies

• mommy_03
    mommy_03 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    hahaha they do the same to me and I just tell them jokingly "stop trying to make me feel good cuz the scale says differently"
  • haleyjester
    haleyjester Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Well today someone said that to me and I just told them well thats weird cause i havent lost any weight

In all honesty I may be losing inches but it just irritates me lol
  • AngelicxAnnihilation
    AngelicxAnnihilation Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how much you've lost or if people are noticing you eating differently but people might be noticing a change. It hasn't happened to me but I think you should be happy your friends are trying to encourage you :) If it's upsetting you then just don't take much notice, smile and say thanks or whatever, then change the subject.
  • auteurfille22
    auteurfille22 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    That's one of the main reasons why I don't take people seriously when they tell me that. And I feel like sometimes, it's not even that they are consciously telling me something they don't find to be true. My mom has told me I look super thin every day since I told her I was trying to lose weight, but I know that's really just because she loves me so much and she wants to see me succeed so much that maybe sometimes her eyes see something that isn't there. That's why it's so much more gratifying to hear from people who don't know that you're trying to lose weight, or people that you haven't seen in ages. Those compliments totally make up for it!
  • traceyfunk
    Options
    I'd like to know when "you've lost weight" became a compliment?? If a person says it - I say "yes I have" If a person says "you're looking great" - then I say thank you.
  • LJGettinSexy
    LJGettinSexy Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Wow, I have just the opposite problem. I've lost almost 20 lbs. and no one has even noticed. My clothes fit better, I'm in a smaller size, my stomach is smaller and no one at work, friends nor family have given one complment. It's okay though because I'm not losing weight for them, I'm doing it for my health and I know my accomplishment.
    So I say, take the compliments in stride, say thank you and when you do start to lose weight you'll appreciate the support.