Is it really that important to drink water, I hate it.

Options
13»

Replies

• Machafin
    Machafin Posts: 2,988 Member
    Options
    Very important. Just do it.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Drink your damn water.

Ultimate first world problem... *sigh*...

IDK when I lived in Africa the poor kids would scramble for bottled water that was truly sad to see. You can believe me if they had the sources they would not drink the water. Most of it is boiled or used for cooking and cleaning. You rarely saw someone just drinking water unless it was a clean well. And those who were more well off never drank water instead preferred hot tea w/ sugar and cream from the UK colonization or coke.

right because how people live in a UK colonization in Africa is exactly the same as how the indigenous peoples live... (see your first sentence)

actually it was a rural Muslim village pretty where I did most of the research so they lived pretty close to indigenous ways.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    With that being said, I keep 100oz Big Gulp filled every day. I hate the taste of water too I'm sensitive to the minerals in it like chlorine. I cold steep a bag of herbal tea in my water. The tannins help to cover the taste. I drink water because it does help me to feel better and less hungry.

Chlorine evaporates. You could get another Big Gulp, and fill it a day before you drink it, to let the chlorine dissipate. I sometimes drink unsweetened ginger lemon tea all day.
  • allyson8706
    Options
    I was a heavy soda drinker until a week or so ago. I would drink anywhere from 1-4 sodas a day. I did the three day military diet and you can only drink water so for three days I drank 50-60 ounces of water daily. I felt the best I had in a while. Sadly I didn't lose much weight but if I can go without soda/tea/coffee I know you can. Not only was I not getting the taste of the soda I wasn't getting the caffeine. It is a hard habit to break but if you just try you might be surprised. Good luck!!
  • pbandz
    pbandz Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Get Mio. Just.. get Mio. 0 calories 0 sugar and mine tastes like sweet tea :D!

39418586.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods