How can i avoid gaining weight while i drink?

Options
2»

Replies

• 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    tequila is your friend.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Gives me the poops!
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    If you dont want to do the exercise it takes to cover those calories............yes stop

and if you dont want to get arrested for under age drinking...............yes stop

I live in Norway, the age limit for alcohol is 18..

I wish I lived in Norway when I was 18 lol
  • Kristina0202
    Kristina0202 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    For some reason, my weight is almost always down after a night of drinking. I'm thinking it is because of the constant peeing.
  • Brownsbacker4evr
    Brownsbacker4evr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    If you wanna lose the weight, you gotta make the sacrifices.

Drinking goes the same with ****tttty food. If you aren't willing to make a significant moderation you aren't going to see any progress.

Gladly I have no interest in drinking. Every blue moon, maybe, but VERY rarely.
  • 5tony5
    5tony5 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    if you know you're going out, factor it in ....I'll have one, two or three. Find out calories and sugars before you go out and drink accordingly. vodka, tequila lower cal. whiskey, bourbon more sugar, I think. Learn to drink with just a touch of soda or grapefruit juice or touch,,,,touch of orange juice. You'll appreciate the liquor more and drink less. oh, yeah. vodka n tall water with lemon or lime always works. Buy better or top shelf. It will force you to drnk slower. you'll have one or two as opposed to any more.....
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I do a hard cardio session the morning of the night Im going out and then I try and eat properly the next day if Im hungover cause its usually while Im hungover than I eat everything and anything in arms reach.

Remember, everything in moderation.......
  • charismanoodles
    charismanoodles Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Count the calories in your alcohol, try to have spirits with diet soft drink or light beer. Burn off those calories dancing or eat a little less during the day. I go out most weekends and that's worked for me.
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy right before you go out drinking. Or do a HIIT session. Your muscles will suck up the alcohol. At least that's what I've read.

And to those that say you can't make progress while drinking at less than moderate levels, don't make that generalization if you have no data to support it. I did. I don't recommend it, but you can lose weight while drinking alcohol at levels most would consider excessive. I don't anymore, but I used to. I left for London last July at 206.4 lbs. I drank heavily every night for 4 days. Came back at 205.8 lbs. And heavily = 10-12 drinks every night (all tequila). And no exercise. So don't say it can't be done.
  • dandandee
    dandandee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    If you dont want to do the exercise it takes to cover those calories............yes stop

and if you dont want to get arrested for under age drinking...............yes stop

Ya legal age where I am is 18 too. :laugh: Just cause it's 21 in the USA doesn't mean the rest of us gotta be old to drink!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

Ya legal age where I am is 18 too. :laugh: Just cause it's 21 in the USA doesn't mean the rest of us gotta be old to drink!

18 in Australia too. The vast, vast vast majority of countries in the world have a drinking age is 18. http://www2.potsdam.edu/hansondj/LegalDrinkingAge.html

Not everyone is from the USA...
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I've said it before.... Drunken pilates. Get out there, get flexible. Drunk= super bendy. You are welcome!
  • barb1241
    barb1241 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Nah. Just don't eat on the days you drink adult beverages. Exercise is optional.

DUH! (I am just kidding of course)
  • rems2012
    rems2012 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    exercise more.
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    coming frmo someoen whos drunk right meow its allll good :P
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

This. Make room in your daily calories for what you want to consume. My problem with drinking is it makes me want to eat onion rigns and french fries and pizza...
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options

This. Make room in your daily calories for what you want to consume. My problem with drinking is it makes me want to eat onion rigns and french fries and pizza...

Same here, makes me want to eat everything greasy the day after. I have made small changes, Im making home made burgers minus the bun. So far so good.